• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OT but hillarious From Fox news

67GT390FB

imported post

Cops Nab Virginia Couple That Tried to Escape on Horseback After Public Urination
Tuesday, July 24, 2007
service_ap_36.gif

CULPEPER, Va.— They weren't charged with drunken driving, but police said two people now charged with public drunkenness did try to evade capture on horseback.[/b]

They were caught when one was knocked off his horse after riding into a utility wire and the other fell off her horse, police said.

On Saturday night, witnesses asked a man to stop urinating on the side of a convenience store because children were nearby, said Culpeper police Sgt. Scott Jenkins.

The man cursed those who complained, and after exiting the store, charged the group on his horse, witnesses said. One onlooker retreated behind a propane tank, Jenkins said.

When Officer Jeff Dodson arrived at the scene, witnesses told him the man and a woman had left on horseback, Jenkins said. Dodson caught up to them on a nearby street, but the riders fled through a backyard, he said. That was when they both fell off their horses.

They were charged with riding a horse on a highway after dark without proper reflective material, being drunk in public and obstruction of justice. The man also was charged with attempted unlawful wounding.

The man was held on a $2,500 bond, while the woman was released.

It wasn't the riders' first clash with the law. The two — again on horseback — were arrested this year on public drunkenness and railroad track trespassing charges. The woman paid a $25 fine and the man a $100 fine, according to court documents.

markand

imported post

Whoa! You can be charged with "riding a horse on a highway after dark without proper reflective material"? Who knew? Glad I found out about that :lol:

ParaWarthog

imported post

Reminds me of a story I heard a few years ago of a local man being arrested for a riding a horse under the influence (an old but still active code).

DoubleR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

ParaWarthog wrote:
Reminds me of a story I heard a few years ago of a local man being arrested for a riding a horse under the influence (an old but still active code).
The horse or the man? I'm sorry Para - I couldn't resist it :lol:

ParaWarthog

imported post

DoubleR wrote:
ParaWarthog wrote:
The horse or the man? I'm sorry Para - I couldn't resist it :lol:
Oh my gosh! I can't believe I used a misplaced modifier; I am particularly sensitive about grammatical and syntactical errors. Thanks for the reminder!