• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

State Sen. Dick Saslaw Newsletter

Bulldog1967

imported post

Received this newsletter from him in yesterdays mail:

http://www.mcgeedigitalmedia.com/Saslaw.pdf

Seems Mr. Saslaw is reading from the Gov. Kaine book of gun control.

Started off by calling VA the "Gun Capital of the East Coast" :celebrate

Later:

" I WILL NOT support meaures to arm our collegiate students...."

He also reiterates the old tired liberal mantra of "hunting rifles are okay", but he wants more regulation on hand gun purchases.

Feel free to contact him, I know I WILL:

Northern Virginia Office:
Office of Senator Richard L. Saslaw
P.O. Box 1856
Springfield, VA 22151
Phone: (703) 978-0200
Fax: (703) 978-1221
Email:
VASENATE35@aol.com

Richmond Office: (Staffed during the General Assembly legislative session each year)
Office of Senator Richard L. Saslaw
P.O. Box 396
Richmond, VA 23218
Phone: (804) 698-7535
Email:
District35@sov.state.va.us
Constituent Hotline: (800) 889-0229

sitedzn

imported post

Hate to tell him, but anywhere you can use a rifle to hunt you can use a pistol. Therefore, using his logic, my pistols are OK since I hunt with them.:p

DoubleR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I rec'd his newsletter a couple of weeks ago. I went ballistic. Passed it on to VCDL, too. I was working on a letter to him about this. Maybe that's why I'm rebuilding my PC. All of the nonsense in the newsletter is on Saslaw's website, too. Here is one quote...

[align=left]"I believe we should know more than we currently do about prospective hand gun purchasers."

Like what, Dick, DNA? :banghead:And then there is...

Senator Saslaw: A Leader On Gun Law Reform
Senator Dick Saslaw has been a long-term leader in the fight to keep our communities safe.

One key component of Senator Saslaw's efforts in this area is his leadership in the fight for stricter gun laws.

Long before this Spring's tragic Virginia Tech shootings awakened many to the true dangers of allowing guns to get into the wrong hands, Senator Saslaw was working to strengthen Virginia's gun laws.
Stronger Gun Laws, Safer Communities
Stricter Rules for Gun PurchasesSenator Saslaw supported legislation that would require background checks for gun show purchases.
No Guns for Dangerous Individuals—Senator Saslaw supported a bill that prohibits all mental health patients who present a danger to themselves or others from purchasing firearms.
No Guns for Abusive Parents—Senator Saslaw supported a bill that would prohibit people who had their parental rights terminated because of torture or abuse from purchasing guns.
[/align]
Senator Saslaw is deeply committed to working with his fellow legislators from across the Commonwealth to strengthen our gun laws and protect our communities.

His website is a bit difficult to navigate, but there is all kinds of stuff like thison his site. It all makes me sick. The people eat this up, too. Blatant BS!

DoubleR

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Bulldog1967 wrote:
I can see I'm gonna be busy around election time UN-electing him and Penny Gross.
Amen, my friend. I particularly liked Salslaw's reference to the "loophole" in the law that denies firearm purchases to those adjudicated under a mental condition. There is no loophole. Just a poorly written code, that Slaslaw voted on when it was modified in 2005. The term in question was "facility". Read the code..
§ 37.2-819. Order of involuntary admission forwarded to CCRE; firearm background check.
The clerk shall certify and forward forthwith to the Central Criminal Records Exchange, on a form provided by the Exchange, a copy of any order for involuntary admission to a facility. The copy of the form and the order shall be kept confidential in a separate file and used only to determine a person's eligibility to possess, purchase, or transfer a firearm.
I'll be posing my letter to him shortly.