• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Buffalo Wild Wings (Col. Heights.)

Ghettokracker71

imported post

Okay. I apologize this isn't about OCing a firearm. Under 21 ,and all the recent hassling, I'd assume not take the risk. I do OC my fixed blade knife in a seath,along with my two ken onion kershaws.

So around 9pm last night,my fiancee just got off work,and I met her at BW3. Had my knife there COUNTLESS times. I walk in,theres two young ladies roughly my age (no older than 25 or so.) one with their back to us in the entrance leaning very rudely on the counter,the other just standing behind it. I walked directly up to the hostess stand (about 7 feet from where she was leaning.)

girl: (yelling instead of politely coming over to greet us) : SMOKING OR NOT SMOKING
ME: not smoking,if you have a booth avai...
girl: oh your gonna have to take that off..
ME: Wheres it posted?
girl:uhh the uhh manager uhh
ME:Okay,not a problem, be right back
girl: (blank rude stare.)

I decided not to make a big deal of it, got her name,and wrote to management about it. They actually gave me a customer survey with my reciepts. So I filled that out, too.

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

It should have went like this.

I'll go take this off, and you take off your shitty customer service, we will meet back here in five.

Or:

I only brought the knife so you could cut the attitude.

vrwmiller

imported post

No discussion necessary. I would have walked out and not come back. Certainly would have made a call to the manager later about the encounter.

ParaWarthog

imported post

vrwmiller wrote:
No discussion necessary. I would have walked out and not come back. Certainly would have made a call to the manager later about the encounter.
+1

I cannot get over how insulted and upset these sheeple get when they see some type of weapon. I bet she was teriffied when you got into your four wheeled weapon and brandished it on the public street.

CPL_in_WA

imported post

I would've slowly and deliberately taken it off ... and put it in my pocket :D

/commence fun with management

Of course, now that I think about it, if it was in a sheath that required belt-removal in order to de-weaponize myself, I would have conflicting interests ... namely Para double-stack in OWB, CC.

Here's something you don't see everyday:

"I'm sorry, I'd be glad to take it off. Just give me a minute." As he turned toward his fiance and stepped back into the foyer, he knew he was still clearly visible. "Hey honey? Can you hold a couple things for me?" He calmly removed his jacket and handed it to his fiance along with the knife, sans-holster. He could feel the eyes of the hostesses just locked onto his 'evil gun'. After unbuckling his belt, he firmly grasped his gun and holster with his right hand and pulled his belt free. The soft leather knife holster hit the hardwood floor and seemed to echo in the silence. He silently handed his fiance about $750 worth of gun gear and matter-of-factly re-threaded his belt into his pants. As he finished his belt, his fiance handed back his gear and he finished buckling the gear back into his belt. With a swift donning of his coat, he bent down to pick up the fallen knife holster and reunited it with it's occupant. As he stowed the knife and holster into a voluminous coat pocket, he shared a brief kiss with his soon-to-be-wife. When he approached the counter again only one hostess remained. Seconds later, around a corner hurried the manager, flanked by the missing hostess...

I dabble in writing a little, perhaps too little. Most of the time my prose seems to end up firmly in the legalese-sounding realm.

I know I'll get replies on this, so fire away... :cool: