• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Placementvs.Calibur

imported post

I've just started to OC inPentagon City. I'm worried about the federal property which surrounds me.If I'm on the sidewalk in front of federal property am I in jeopardy of breaking the law? I've had a couple of sour looks and questions asked of me by the public but have yet to encounter any problems from the "LEO's." My wife and I are moving to Alexandria in August and I prey that I'll avoid any harassment from FFX County police. Anyway's, glad to excercise this freedom .:)

Placementvs.Calibur

imported post

Thanx for your reply. Today I walked through the underground tunnel at the metro and had no problems. I think due to the government surroundings people assume that I'm law enforcement. That's ok, but I have no intention of impersonating an officer.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Placementvs.Calibur wrote:
I've just started to OC inPentagon City. I'm worried about the federal property which surrounds me.If I'm on the sidewalk in front of federal property am I in jeopardy of breaking the law? I've had a couple of sour looks and questions asked of me by the public but have yet to encounter any problems from the "LEO's." My wife and I are moving to Alexandria in August and I prey that I'll avoid any harassment from FFX County police. Anyway's, glad to excercise this freedom .:)

Welcome. Basically, if you're on sidewalks and/or outside jersey barriers, you SHOULD be okay.

Second question - are you moving to Alexandria City (not part of Fairfax County) or Alexandria, FFX County? Different police forces. Lately Fairfax County officers have been quite professional and pleasant.

JosephMingle

imported post

Fair warning - the Washington Headquarters Service considers all of the Pentagon reservation a victim disarmament zone. There's a federal regulation that states no weapons of any kind (and they specifically name firearms) can be brought onto the Pentagon reservation. The Pentagon reservation includes all the surrounding parking lots and such. I had a site but can't find it at the moment.

Edit: Pentagon City has nothing to do with the Pentagon reservation - except that they are very close (probably share property lines, but I'm not sure). If you wander over to sight see around the Pentagon while OCing, the Pentagon Federal Police will probably arrest you.

soloban

imported post

Just stay on the East side of Army Navy Drive and you'll probably be ok. The satellite parking lots on Army Navy Drive are part of the Pentagon reservation.