• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Shortpump movie theater

bellbw

imported post

Has anyone else noticed this sign at the theater by shortpump. Not only does it say carrying of firearms is not allowed! It says something to this effect-we do not allow the carry of firearms, legal concealed carry of firearms on the premises. Thats from memory clouded by excitement of seeing live free or die hard which was freaking awesome by the way. So thats not exact, but you get the jist. They wanted to make sure they included that concealed carry is not ok either. And i would have never dreamed of carrying concealed in the shortpump area after all of the problems with open carry there!!!;)

By the way, I also saw the sign saying firearms werent allowed at the mall at the entrance by the thai restuarant with all the blue lights. Never noticed a sign until now. Been going there for three years...they really make them hard to find. The one at the theater was a tiny sticker on the window where you buy your tickets.

Ghettokracker71

imported post

That sucks...I liked that threatre ,too. I used to work and live right by pump road...Don't miss it. I ran back to chesterfield as soon as I had the chance:celebrate

sitedzn

imported post

just another reason why i avoid that area whenever possible. i don't think they have anything in short pump that i can't get on 360 or 60. the only store i frequent that has a Glen Allen address is Green Top:D.

psmartin

imported post

bellbw wrote:
Has anyone else noticed this sign at the theater by shortpump. Not only does it say carrying of firearms is not allowed! It says something to this effect-we do not allow the carry of firearms, legal concealed carry of firearms on the premises. Thats from memory clouded by excitement of seeing live free or die hard which was freaking awesome by the way. So thats not exact, but you get the jist. They wanted to make sure they included that concealed carry is not ok either. And i would have never dreamed of carrying concealed in the shortpump area after all of the problems with open carry there!!!;)

By the way, I also saw the sign saying firearms werent allowed at the mall at the entrance by the thai restuarant with all the blue lights. Never noticed a sign until now. Been going there for three years...they really make them hard to find. The one at the theater was a tiny sticker on the window where you buy your tickets.

The sign is half the size of the smallest "NO SMOKING" sign I've ever encountered. It's probably posted per the advice of a lawyer. Regal Entertainment group doesn't care, they're a virtual monopoly.

At all theRegal owned cinemas<all but ONE in Richmond>,It's not by the outside door, but AT THE TICKET WINDOW (ie: after you've been waiting 20 minutes) -- I can just imagine it: "Ohh damn.. Now I have to stow my AK47!!! Hold my place in line!"

SicSemperTyrannis

imported post

I've open carried at the Short Pump Regal - but only outside while in line to buy a gift card. No one said anything, although the people around me noticed.If I had entered it very well may have been different. At night, an off-duty, uniformed Henrico officer or deputy is always working there.