Thread: Wiygul Automotive, GTG!

Post imported post

Tooo often we only hear from businesses that are anti-OC.

I just wanted to relate an expreience with a local auto repair shop that is exactly the opposite!

I had to take my car to Wiygul Automotive for an VA state inspection a few weeks ago. Called ahaead to the Whiting St, Alexandria location, gentlemen said come right in.

While I was paying the bill, I noticed several gun mags (the reading kind) behind him. I casually mentioned that the cover of the one magazine on top had a picture of the new Springfield Armory subcompact 1911-pattern in 9mm.

The owner quickly turned and retrieved the magazine, opened to the article, and we discussed the merits/drawbacks of said weapon for over 15 minutes!

On top of that they offer great service as well. I made sure to mention it to the wife when I returned home that ANY auto service I can't do at home WILL be handled by them from now on.

Fast forward t o today, when I needed to get an emissions inspection for the car. Again, I called Wiygul. He mentiond his inspector wasn't there at the Whiting St. location, but right down the road at the Pickett St. Location they were doing the inspections rather quickly.

I drove right down, (oc'd as usual), and they turned my car aroud in about 20 minutes. No one said a thing until I went to pay, whereupon the gentlemen said, "hey is that a Glock"? I told him no and mentioned how I traded all of my Glocks in for M&Ps after I had tried them side by side. He nodded knowingly and smiled. Just then a service tech leaned in from the garage bay with a smile and said "Give this guy anything he wants, he's got a gun", while smiling the whole time.

I just shook my head and laughed. Paid the bill, thanksed them for their swift service and left.

I HIGHLY reccomend Wiygul for any auto service you may need. They are friendly, proficient, and PRO 2nd!

http://www.wiygul.com/about_us.html

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Thanks for mentioning this.

I used to live VERY VERY near there, and went in a few times.

GREAT people, great service, fair prices. And my NRA plate/gun-carry bumperstickers started conversations.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

i hope you used their online coupon for your emissions test!

Post imported post

sitedzn wrote:
    Doh!

Post imported post

Bulldog1967 wrote:
    sitedzn wrote:
    Doh!
    http://www.fortunecity.com/lavender/python/35/doo.wav