• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wiygul Automotive, GTG!

Bulldog1967

imported post

Tooo often we only hear from businesses that are anti-OC.

I just wanted to relate an expreience with a local auto repair shop that is exactly the opposite!

I had to take my car to Wiygul Automotive for an VA state inspection a few weeks ago. Called ahaead to the Whiting St, Alexandria location, gentlemen said come right in.

While I was paying the bill, I noticed several gun mags (the reading kind) behind him. I casually mentioned that the cover of the one magazine on top had a picture of the new Springfield Armory subcompact 1911-pattern in 9mm.

The owner quickly turned and retrieved the magazine, opened to the article, and we discussed the merits/drawbacks of said weapon for over 15 minutes!

On top of that they offer great service as well. I made sure to mention it to the wife when I returned home that ANY auto service I can't do at home WILL be handled by them from now on.

Fast forward t o today, when I needed to get an emissions inspection for the car. Again, I called Wiygul. He mentiond his inspector wasn't there at the Whiting St. location, but right down the road at the Pickett St. Location they were doing the inspections rather quickly.

I drove right down, (oc'd as usual), and they turned my car aroud in about 20 minutes. No one said a thing until I went to pay, whereupon the gentlemen said, "hey is that a Glock"? I told him no and mentioned how I traded all of my Glocks in for M&Ps after I had tried them side by side. He nodded knowingly and smiled. Just then a service tech leaned in from the garage bay with a smile and said "Give this guy anything he wants, he's got a gun", while smiling the whole time.

I just shook my head and laughed. Paid the bill, thanksed them for their swift service and left.

I HIGHLY reccomend Wiygul for any auto service you may need. They are friendly, proficient, and PRO 2nd!

http://www.wiygul.com/about_us.html

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Thanks for mentioning this.

I used to live VERY VERY near there, and went in a few times.

GREAT people, great service, fair prices. And my NRA plate/gun-carry bumperstickers started conversations.

sitedzn

imported post

i hope you used their online coupon for your emissions test!:D