Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How does anyone open carry with a t-shirt?

Post imported post

how does everyone open carry with an UNtucked t-shirt? i never wear dress cloathes and my t-shirts all come down to about my pockets so how would i go about open carry? is my only option a hip holster? i can conceal carry with my t-shirts but i need to get a permit for that....

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I had to make a few wardrobe changes in order to OC. Since its not always wise for me to OC, I've also had to make a few wardrobe changes in order to CC during really hot days.

It goes with the territory.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

State Researcher

Post imported post

Shoulder holster? I don't know, I prefer to tuck-in. Less likely to hang up when you draw as well.

LoveMyCountry

State Researcher

Post imported post

Citizen put it well enough...if you want to carry, you're going to have to dress the part. You could always simply drape the un-tuckedshirt up andbehind the holster and gun..I've done that on occasion.

If you're dead set on finding a holster to work, a shoulder holster or thigh (drop-leg) holster are probably your only options.

Post imported post

DreQo wrote:
    If you're dead set on finding a holster to work, a shoulder holster or thigh (drop-leg) holster are probably your only options.
    Shoulder probably wouldn't be comfortable with an oversized or baggy t-shirt, although it is an option. A thigh holster? If you thought you had a problem with an OWB OC, I know you'd get stopped for having a thigh holster. It just looks "scarier" to some.
    -Unrequited

Post imported post

I actually do carry with an untucked T-shirt. All I have to do is kind of tuck the corner under the holster. It might be difficult with small guns, but I carry full-size guns and never have a problem. In fact, to get the shirt up over the gun takes a conscious effort...I can do pretty much anything without the shirt coming over the gun. Hell, I have the gun on before the shirt and have never had to think about getting the shirt under the holster.

If my method won't work, you may have to tuck.

Post imported post

Drewesque wrote:
    I actually do carry with an untucked T-shirt. All I have to do is kind of tuck the corner under the holster. It might be difficult with small guns, but I carry full-size guns and never have a problem. In fact, to get the shirt up over the gun takes a conscious effort...I can do pretty much anything without the shirt coming over the gun. Hell, I have the gun on before the shirt and have never had to think about getting the shirt under the holster.

If my method won't work, you may have to tuck.
    what gun/holster combo do you use?

Post imported post

93sr20det wrote:
    how does everyone open carry with an UNtucked t-shirt? i never wear dress cloathes and my t-shirts all come down to about my pockets so how would i go about open carry? is my only option a hip holster? i can conceal carry with my t-shirts but i need to get a permit for that....
    Son...tuck in that shirt and put a belt on when you go out. Oh, and get a hair cut and don't talk with food in your mouth. And there is this little button called "SHIFT". Unless newspeek has completely taken over and I did't get the telegram (what's a telegram dad?).

Post imported post

I carry either an XD45 or a Steyr M40 in an Uncle Mike's pancake holster or a Fobus Roto-holster (XD only for the latter). The Roto comes in both paddle and belt, both of which work well with this.
    As others mentioned, shoulder or thigh holsters are options, but both have their drawbacks. A paddle or belt holster also has drawbacks, but it is my preferred form of OC while wearing an untucked T-shirt (which is what I usually wear).

Post imported post

You think that OCing with a T-shirt is hard? Try CCing... That's hard...

Seriously, just tuck it in... The Law don't care about no fashion trends...

Post imported post

93sr20det wrote:
    In the summer, at least, you can use those short length, form-fitting workout T-shirts. Or a short football jersey-type top. Or just cut the T-shirts you have if it will look halfway decent.

Post imported post

It's easy. I carry a S&W 1911 commander (4.25 in barrel) in a Blackhawk SERPA holster. Just make sure the whole gun is showing and your set.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post imported post

danbus wrote:
    It's easy.* I carry a S&W 1911 commander (4.25 in barrel) in a Blackhawk SERPA holster.* Just make sure the whole gun is showing and your set.

THAT IS WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR THANKS!!!!!

Post imported post

If I'm wearing a t-shirt I normally tuck it in on the holster side. Sometimes I just drape the shirt between the holster and my side, but you have to be careful not to cover the pistol (unless you have a concealed permit).

I've been thinking of getting a thigh holster actually. I carry my pistol similar to the picture above, and it does get in the way when sitting down in my truck. I'm thinking a thigh holster might not. Dunno, gotta try one. I don't really care if people think I'm a 'tacticlol' dweeb, as long as it works best.

I'm also considering getting a shoulder holster. My only problem is I'd essentially sweep just about everybody behind me. I've never had a ND but I'd prefer not to be pointing the pistol at everybody regardless.

Post imported post

I OC with a T-shirt all the time. I either tuck in the side that the holster is on, or I just put the shirt in between myself and the holster. I do the same with a cell phone on the other side, so the shirt hangs out in the front and back, but not on the sides. True, my fashion tastes are probably even less socially acceptable than the fact that I am carrying, but oh well...

Post imported post

I open carry while wearing t-shirts all the time. In fact, I almost exclusively wear t-shirts, and I almost never tuck them in. The shirt fits fine between be and the holster. I think the key is wearing shirts that actually fit. Most guys seem to wear shirts that are two sizes too large.

I wear a OWB Desantis holster with a full size Springfield XD.

Post imported post

tapper95 wrote:
    You think that OCing with a T-shirt is hard? Try CCing... That's hard...

Seriously, just tuck it in... The Law don't care about no fashion trends...
    Y'know, I've had no problem CCing with a T-shirt, either. A good IWB holster works well. I use a Crossbreed QwikClip and even people who know I carry aren't sure I'm carrying.

Post imported post

Oh I forgot to mention. I do wear a belt when I carry, even with an untucked shirt and a paddle holster. The belt still adds some additional support and makes the whole rig quite solid.

And... lol @ the previous post. That would be a great carry rig

It looks to be a paintball vest and not a bulletproof vest though. I never understood those things. Paintballs don't hurt.

Post imported post

I don thave a picture but I dont tuck and I just put the shirt behind the gun and holster...the rest hangs. My guns know I love them, I dont need to dress up for them...:P

Post imported post

kurtmax_0 wrote:
    And... lol @ the previous post. That would be a great carry rig

It looks to be a paintball vest and not a bulletproof vest though. I never understood those things. Paintballs don't hurt.
    I have an X-treme vest I wear at work that looks just like that one. I sure hope it wasn't designed for paint balls!:what:

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

OC-ing with a T-Shirt?

Well, if you wear your Kalashnikitty T-Shirt, people will be mesmerized looking at that rather than noticing your gun, so you can carry it whichever way you want.

-- John D.

(formerly of Colorado Springs, CO)

Post imported post

Okay. Must not be a paintball vest. I remember seeing some at a shop that said XTREMEZOMG or something on them. I figured any company with real vests would not be hopping on the xTREMEE!!!111one111~~~ wagon...

Post imported post

+1 on tshirt and blue jeans/black slacks/work pants.

Then again, that's most of what I own, so...

At least I keep my hair cut. :P
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Post imported post

I'll take a pic later, but I just don't tuck it in. Wear shirts that FIT you and you shouldn't have a problem.

Post imported post

Bravo_Sierra wrote:
    I'll take a pic later, but I just don't tuck it in. Wear shirts that FIT you and you shouldn't have a problem.
    I'm 6'4". I either have to wear a slightly baggy XL, or an L, which, for me, acts as a belly shirt...
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast