• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How does anyone open carry with a t-shirt?

kurtmax_0

imported post

Okay. Must not be a paintball vest. I remember seeing some at a shop that said XTREMEZOMG or something on them. I figured any company with real vests would not be hopping on the xTREMEE!!!111one111~~~ wagon...

AbNo

imported post

Bravo_Sierra wrote:
I'll take a pic later, but I just don't tuck it in. Wear shirts that FIT you and you shouldn't have a problem.

I'm 6'4". I either have to wear a slightly baggy XL, or an L, which, for me, acts as a belly shirt...

Bravo_Sierra

imported post

All I have is my shitty webcam and my room mate isnt here to help me, so this will have to do.

http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b151/etisiccmade/?action=view&current=Picture32.jpg

I'm 6'4" also, I'm just skinny.

etisiccmade

AbNo

Ghettokracker71

imported post

I OC w/ a untucked t shirt or polo all the time. Only time I tuck in a shirt is at work,or I'm dressing up (special occaison.) I tuck the shirt around the weapon, I've practiced drawing(unloaded of course:p) with both of my OC weapons.

CZ40P in a Fobus pabble holster

--or--

Kel-tec p3at in a bianchi thumb break

shooter_tx

imported post

kurtmax_0 wrote:
If I'm wearing a t-shirt I normally tuck it in on the holster side. Sometimes I just drape the shirt between the holster and my side, but you have to be careful not to cover the pistol (unless you have a concealed permit).

I've been thinking of getting a thigh holster actually. I carry my pistol similar to the picture above, and it does get in the way when sitting down in my truck. I'm thinking a thigh holster might not. Dunno, gotta try one. I don't really care if people think I'm a 'tacticlol' dweeb, as long as it works best.

I'm also considering getting a shoulder holster. My only problem is I'd essentially sweep just about everybody behind me. I've never had a ND but I'd prefer not to be pointing the pistol at everybody regardless.
Something like this, maybe?

vmathis12019

State Researcher
imported post

If you're worried about the shirt accidentally covering it, tucking is ALWAYS the safest way to go. If you have a cc permit and no worries, tucking the shirt behind the gun in a hip holster is an okay way to do it too.

Dreamer

imported post

I always tuck in my shirt when I'm OCing, whether it's a t-shirt, polo/golf style shirt, or even a "Hawaiian" shirt. It just makes things easier...

And when your shirt is tucked in, you don't have to worry NEARLY as much with your shirt getting caught up in your grips when you draw, or in your holster, when you put it back...

If you're going to "walk like a man" and OC, you need to start "dressing like a man" and tuck in your shirts...

Although I suppose THIS t-shirt would be appropriate OC-wear. LOL...

goalseter88

imported post

Dreamer wrote:
I always tuck in my shirt when I'm OCing, whether it's a t-shirt, polo/golf style shirt, or even a "Hawaiian" shirt. It just makes things easier...

And when your shirt is tucked in, you don't have to worry NEARLY as much with your shirt getting caught up in your grips when you draw, or in your holster, when you put it back...

If you're going to "walk like a man" and OC, you need to start "dressing like a man" and tuck in your shirts...

lol tucking in your shirt is fine for work. but i believe its also left at work. tucking in a shirt on a regular non work day,is a thing of the past.

and really its not hard to put the shirt inbetween the holster and yourself. i always done it that way and never once had it come back and cover up the gun.

so i think the correct phrase should be if your going to walk like a man and OC, first learn how a man walks ( untucked shirts off work, tucked in for work) then dress like a man.:p

Bravo_Sierra

imported post

93sr20det wrote:
how does everyone open carry with an UNtucked t-shirt? i never wear dress cloathes and my t-shirts all come down to about my pockets so how would i go about open carry? is my only option a hip holster? i can conceal carry with my t-shirts but i need to get a permit for that....
Wear a t-shirt that fits you and you won't have a problem. I carry a Safariland ALS belt holster and my shirt does not cover it.

ooghost1oo

Shoulder holster? I don't know, I prefer to tuck-in. Less likely to hang up when you draw as well.

LoveMyCountry

I've been OC'ing with t-shirts lately. I just bunch the shirt up and behind the gun, but usually let the shirt hang over the extra mags. It's never been a problem drawing, but the shirt CAN get in the way when putting the gun BACK INTO the holster. When I'm at the range practicing this, I just tuck that section (4 o'clock) of shirt in to keep it out of thew way.

BTW, I'd never be worried about the shirt coming forward and 'accidentally covering the gun', because when I'm OC'ing, I'm always hyper-aware of the pistol's status.

Last edited:

FlyerAce128

ummm....how about just tucking your shirt behind your gun?

28449_116078975081891_100000393676842_164317_3070759_n.jpg

25080_375377447253_741752253_5467183_3741690_n.jpg

11431_194113797253_741752253_4471210_4733627_n.jpg

^ This

I usually just tuck my shirt around the holster and make sure I can draw/holster effectively. Or I just wear a tucked in polo shirt when I OC. Since I CC with an OWB holster, I'll usually do the same thing, but a more thorough tuck around the holster than throw an open button down shirt over it. Still haven't gotten around to getting a Crossbreed but since this is the OC forum I won't get into that lol.