• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

question

newcarry

imported post

Thanks for all the responses, but I wasn't looking for how easy or hard it is to chamber the pistol but rather what are the LAWS "Pa statues" governing this if any and the LAWS on state parks or game lands with the License to carry. Again the question is and I am not looking for opinions but LAW on if a round can or cant be chambered while carrying and if you can carry on state game lands or state parks with the License to carry from my county sheriff, by the way I have now OC at Walmart in Allentown and several businesses around allentown without so much as a second glance, the only second glance came from a local cop in whitehall but he waved and kept on going

WhiteFeather

imported post

I'll repeat just for you.

It is 100% legal!!!

There is no if ands or buts about it. There is no where in the PA code of statues or law that states "Yee shall not chamber a round under penalty of wet noodle whipping."

Nothing nodda nope.

So pull back that slide, insert mag and release the slide lock. (If you feel comfortable.)

If you don't believe me than go to www.packing.org and click on PA and read all the gun laws yourself. And you will be very content to know that nobody in the PA supreme court gives a rats A%^ about how many bullets or what cal or where those bullets are located. In fact I think the only illegal ammo type is Armory Piercing. And I don't know many pisolts save the FiveseveN that shoots anything like that.

:celebrate

Pa. Patriot

State Researcher
Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA
imported post

The very first reply, from Steve is spot on.
You can carry chambered.
You can NOT carry on state parks by "regulation" (not law) BUT not following state park regulations is punishabe by summary offence.
Game lands are a-ok.

See paopencarry.org for a handy list and the statutes.

imperialism2024

imported post

But, while on a state gameland, couldn't one be fined for "poaching"? Or would you have to fire the gun? I just recall an incident where I was at the rifle range at a state gameland after school one day, and as the sun was starting to set, a game warden threatened to cite me for "poaching," since it was getting dark.

Just thought I'd throw that out there... I mean, if you have a loaded gun on hunting lands without a permit to hunt in that season, then in theory you could be poaching.

:question:

Steve in PA

imported post

LOL.....so you were at a rifle range and the WCO was going to fine you for poaching? Poaching of what???? Sorry, but either your throwing some serious BS or the WCO is insane.

No, merely walking on SGL with a handgun is NOT poaching, nor is it hunting. It would take more than the fact that you are carrying to charge you with either.

imperialism2024

imported post

Steve in PA wrote:
LOL.....so you were at a rifle range and the WCO was going to fine you for poaching? Poaching of what???? Sorry, but either your throwing some serious BS or the WCO is insane.
I couldn't quite figure out what I would be poaching either. I'll confess, I may have been trying to hunt a paper target without a target tag... But I wasn't in a position to argue. I believe his contention was that since it was getting dark (though everything was still well illuminated and he got me just as I finished off my last box of rounds), that meant I was poaching something.

Steve in PA

imported post

I wold have found it very hard NOT to laugh at the WCO when he said that. Poaching is the act of taking an animal illegally.......NOT shooting at paper beyond a certain hour.

DJ TURNz

imported post

You will not have an AD with one chambered on a gun like a glock, or a sig, or an XD if:

1. You have a holster that completely covers the trigger guard.

2. You use the safety between your ears

3. And you keep your booger hook off the boom switch, until you are ready to shoot.

If you are not properly informed (I didn't type trained) on safe gun handling, you are more likely to have a Negligent Discharge than an Accidental Dischrge.

imperialism2024

imported post

Steve in PA wrote:
I wold have found it very hard NOT to laugh at the WCO when he said that. Poaching is the act of taking an animal illegally.......NOT shooting at paper beyond a certain hour.

Well, the only thing on my mind at the time was losing my ability to get a hunting license... which reminds me that I need to go buy one now.

Steve in PA

imported post

The only way you could have lost your hunting license is if you were found guilty of poaching and there is nooooooooo way you could be found guilty of poaching by shooting at a range a little past shooting hours.