• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ATTN:Military wanting a CCW Permit

charlie12

imported post

dlnwoody wrote:
The first part about a CPL good for all 50 states I agree with. The one about under 21 for military just because they shoot M16s and all the fire power. I highly disagree. I am in themilitary and have seen people shoot. I would not trust them carrying a BB gun but there are people under 21 that I could see giving them their CPL. I just don't think because they are military they should get one. I'm glad to see someone giving the troops some support.
We had a guy in my unit that we would't give ammo to. :D

Bullbuster

imported post

jeepinbanditrider wrote:
Just make a copy of your Military ID Card and send it in with the package. The state of Flordia considers you being in the miltary to be enough training to qualify for a permit.

While that sounds fine and dandy and all. I have my concerns about that. There are alota high tech people out there that can make fake military ID's just from a photo copy. I'm not to keen on it as I have no clue who handles it. If other photo copies get made. I'd hate to have my ID info with someone elses face on it trying to make a fake to get base access.

WhiteRabbit22

imported post

That would be a felony, and therefor make them ineligible for the permit. Plus they had to state that all information was correct, so they could be charged with purgery as well.

Anthony_I_Am

photocopy then Check YES on line 13

Just make a copy of your Military ID Card and send it in with the package. The state of Flordia considers you being in the miltary to be enough training to qualify for a permit.

Yeah asswipe, then be sure to check the box on the application where it asks if you've ever broken federal law.

It is illegal to make a photocopy of a military ID, 18 USC section 701.

Title 18, US Code Part I, Chapter 33, Section 701

"Whoever manufactures, sells, or possesses any badge,
identification card, or other insignia, of the design prescribed by
the head of any department or agency of the United States for use
by any officer or employee thereof, or any colorable imitation
thereof, or photographs, prints, or in any other manner makes or
executes any engraving, photograph, print, or impression in the
likeness of any such badge, identification card, or other insignia,
or any colorable imitation thereof, except as authorized under
regulations made pursuant to law, shall be fined under this title
or imprisoned not more than six months, or both."

We have a hard enough time with homeland security without shitbrains like you advising people to send of their military ID's for AlQuaeda to clone.

OC for ME

Read the law again. It is not illegal to send a copy of your military ID to a government agency.

....except as authorized under regulations made pursuant to law....

Acceptable Training Documentation
Presents evidence of equivalent experience with a firearm through participation in organized shooting competition or military service (persons serving in the United States Armed Forces may submit a copy of their Military ID Card; discharged persons may submit a copy of the DD-214);

You can be treated at a civilian hospital, where no military hospital is available, and your 'insurance card' is your military ID. The hospital makes a copy of your military ID so that the hospital can bill the military for your treatment. It can be a convoluted process, but it does work.

Forum Rule #6 is a good read....read it.

Aknazer

Any particular reason for necroing an almost four year old post? Also as a military member I can say that I've had my id card copied multiple times and some of that has been by other military agencies. Something tells me they wouldn't be doing that if it was illegal...