Thread: Taurus PT 92

Post imported post

What do you think of the Taurus PT 92 and Taurus Guns in General?

Post imported post

Mine has digested approx 4,000 rounds of whatever brand of 9mm ammo was on sale FMJ/JHP/whatever, with out a hiccup.

A little large and heavy for daily carry, but I feel confident that pulling the trigger will always result in a BANG, not a click.
    Assault Weapon (N) “Any firearm whose design disturbs the sleep of progressive politicians.”.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Hard to beat Taurus' lifetime warranty.

Warranty service can be a little annoying, but patience pays off. I've run into a customer service phone clerk that was annoying. However, I've also had very detailed conversations with the technical staff about precise questions--very helpful.

I've heardthey cleared up the quality problems they experienced in the 80's.

Myolder PT 92 suffered a failure that ruined the gun. They replaced it free. It wasn't a kaboom. One of the under-barrel lugs cracked, misaligning its rails with the slots in the frame, and irreparably ruining the slots.The only hitch on the warranty service was that Taurus Miamiwas outof stock of the newer version and had to wait for a shipment from Brazil. Maybe a total of 6 weeks wait from the day I shipped the broken one.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

I have the PT-92C and have had the same experience as Shovelhead. Extremely reliable and nicely made, and certainly worth every dollar I paid. My only dissatisfaction is the lack of a hammer-decock on the safety lever. The hammer has to be VERY CAREFULLY lowered on the loaded chamber to be ready for DA first shot.

I still have all my toes, though.

Post imported post

At least in the Taurus 92 we have at the shop here, the decock feature is performed by pulling down on the safety (the safety is engaged in the up position), unlike the Beretta which just decocks as the safety is engaged. I hadn't realized it decocked at all as I assumed it was otherwise like the Beretta (apart from the position of the catch). Not quite.

-ljp

Post imported post

I love Taurus, and the PT92. Much cheaper than the 92FS, and pretty much the same thing. My next handgun is definitely going to be a Taurus... I'm tied between the 24/7 and the 92. But their revolvers are great too. Gah, so many choices.

Post imported post

My buddy picked up a Taurus 92FS a couple of months ago.

It shoots QUITE NICELY, and the trigger is smooth, but I almost forget what it looks like, since it had to be sent to the factory after two weeks, due to a broken safety lever.

Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Post imported post

AbNo wrote:
    My buddy picked up a Taurus 92FS a couple of months ago.

It shoots QUITE NICELY, and the trigger is smooth, but I almost forget what it looks like, since it had to be sent to the factory after two weeks, due to a broken safety lever.

Update. Shayne was in Nuckol's yesterday, and the guys at the store were good enough to call Taurus.

Response from the big T? "Oh yeah, that gun.... Uh, we'll get that shipped out tomorrow."

Apparently, this is a common problem with them...
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.