Thread: Grayland Beach State Park

Post imported post

Last weekend we had a family reunion out at Grayland Beach State Park (http://www.parks.wa.gov/parkpage.asp...h&pageno=1). The reunion was lots of fun, despite the rain.

I decided to OC for as much as possible of the reunion. Had a nice discussion with my wife's grandfather about the topic after he noticed my S&W .38.

Had contact with at least 5 different rangers and not a one said a thing about my sidearm. No funny looks from other campers. No comments. Due to foul weather and my dress options, I was concealed while in Westport, so I can't report on that area, however we did drive out to Tokeland and I OCed while there with nothing said, though I should point out that there weren't too many people out and about in Tokeland.

A very uneventful and pleasant weekend.
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good" - George Washington
    "Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest." - Mahatma Gandhi

As always, insert standard IANAL disclaimer here.

Post imported post

So open carry is legal at WA State Parks then?

I have been looking on the Park's website to find something but have not had any luck. I have a family reunion this weekend at a State Park and so have been looking into it.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator Gray Peterson's Avatar

Post imported post

State parks follow state law.

Post imported post

As Lonnie said, state parks follow state law on firearms matters.

I too checked the state parks pages to make sure that they were in line with state law regarding firearms carriage. I was pleased to find that the rules in no way mentioned firearms and they did note at one point that people are subjec to state law while visiting the parks.

Enjoy the reunion. Which park are you going to?
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good" - George Washington
    "Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest." - Mahatma Gandhi

As always, insert standard IANAL disclaimer here.

Post imported post

Kanaskat-Palmer, near Enumclaw.

I will enjoy it thanks!