• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Grayland Beach State Park

eBratt

imported post

Last weekend we had a family reunion out at Grayland Beach State Park (http://www.parks.wa.gov/parkpage.asp?selectedpark=Grayland Beach&pageno=1). The reunion was lots of fun, despite the rain.

I decided to OC for as much as possible of the reunion. Had a nice discussion with my wife's grandfather about the topic after he noticed my S&W .38.

Had contact with at least 5 different rangers and not a one said a thing about my sidearm. No funny looks from other campers. No comments. Due to foul weather and my dress options, I was concealed while in Westport, so I can't report on that area, however we did drive out to Tokeland and I OCed while there with nothing said, though I should point out that there weren't too many people out and about in Tokeland.

A very uneventful and pleasant weekend.

metricinch

imported post

So open carry is legal at WA State Parks then?

I have been looking on the Park's website to find something but have not had any luck. I have a family reunion this weekend at a State Park and so have been looking into it.

eBratt

imported post

As Lonnie said, state parks follow state law on firearms matters.

I too checked the state parks pages to make sure that they were in line with state law regarding firearms carriage. I was pleased to find that the rules in no way mentioned firearms and they did note at one point that people are subjec to state law while visiting the parks.

Enjoy the reunion. Which park are you going to?