• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Dinner!!

sjhipple

imported post

Hey all, I was thinking it would be good to have an open carry dinner in Alexandria.

Where: To be decided...see discussion below

When: 7:00PM Saturday August 4th

zoom6zoom

imported post

FYI, B&J's has historically been anti-2A, donating large amounts to people we don't like. I don't know if that's changed as they have been through several changes of ownership.

The company, which is known for its strong commitment to social causes, appointed a gentleman named Perry Odak as CEO. It caused a stir when the company revealed that Perry was most recently a senior manager at U.S. Repeating Arms Co.
If they've changed their tune, perhaps we can suggest some new flavors:

1) GUNS 'N' ROSES. Gun-shaped chocolate pieces and strawberry "roses" in vanilla ice cream. Your "Cherry Garcia" sold well, and with a similar endorsement from Axl Rose or Slash, this one could too!

2) UZI DOOZIE. Super-premium vanilla ice cream with a spray of chocolate chips, butter brickle, and coconut "shrapnel." Make your taste buds bleed!

3) SHOT IN THE DARK. Dark chocolate ice cream streaked with fudge ripples. Disarmingly delicious!

4) SHOOTY FRUTTI. This one is probably a fruit-flavored sorbet, along the lines of "Doonesberry." Death by pleasure!

5) SECOND AMEND-MINT. Two kinds of chunky treats (M&Ms and Kit Kats) swirled into rich minty ice cream. It'll get 'em up in arms!

Mayday

imported post

I live close by and usually go to Bugsy's Taver; its right there on King Street next to the Fish Market and Ben and Jerry's. They have greeeat pizza and TV's to watch the game in case we get bored. They also have large tables as I've seen huge groups of soccer moms come in to feed their team.

here's a link: http://www.yelp.com/biz/QTJpHnYoDImwTueN_R-Q2A

sjhipple

imported post

Mayday wrote:
I live close by and usually go to Bugsy's Taver; its right there on King Street next to the Fish Market and Ben and Jerry's. They have greeeat pizza and TV's to watch the game in case we get bored. They also have large tables as I've seen huge groups of soccer moms come in to feed their team.

here's a link: http://www.yelp.com/biz/QTJpHnYoDImwTueN_R-Q2A

They have outdoor dining for about ten people.

Does that sound good?

sjhipple

imported post

Ok, if we want to be in Old Town, there isn't that much outdoor dining. Since it seems people want both these things, maybe an open carry dinner in Alexandria isn't a great idea.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
Isn't there some Irish festival this weekend?
Waterfront Park, Saturday, 1100 - 1900 (or 11 am to 7 pm for civilians).

Tess