Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nations Gun Show

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

Who's going? I know we have our picnic afterwards on saturday but I expect to be there all three days.

Post imported post

I'll be there on Friday, maybe (but probably not) on Saturday, and maybe on Sunday.

Post imported post

If I had money I'd go... : (

Picnic definitely.
    -Unrequited

Post imported post

I'm currently planning on being there around noon-ish on Saturday:celebrate

Post imported post

I'll be there tonight and tomorrow.

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

My family is planning to be there between 5-5:30 tonight - until I'm satisfied I've looked at as many full-size, probably 1911, pistols as I can so I can make up my mind.

We plan to go to dinner afterward at Eggspectations. Anyone want to join us?
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

I'm leaving work early to be there by 3 today. Compared to the shows we have in MD, this show is has far too many deals to pass up! Not to mention a much wider variety of guns, even though I'm limited to purchasing long guns :X

Post imported post

I am taking off work early to be there when the doors open. I've even got some hard-earned money in my pocket and with an eye towards purchasing a few things. I recently had a birthday, so I get to buy myself a present (or three)!
    :celebrate

Post imported post

Nations Gun Show what? Huh?

Sorry, been busy lately...
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

AbNo wrote:
    Nations Gun Show what? Huh?

Sorry, been busy lately...
    http://www.thenationsgunshow.com/

Tonight, tomorrow, sunday
    Chantilly - Dulles Expo Center
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Just got back from the Chantilly Expo Center Gun Show about an hour and a half ago. Bought some ammo and a Glock 26 of all things. Just too much fun.

In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Post imported post

I'll be there all 3 days. :shock:
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

I was there today and I thought it wasa pretty nice spread. I didn't see the VCDL table until I was on my way out. I gave them all the cash in my pocket at the time and I did of course grab a couple round VCDL stickers for my truck. I hope it's not illegal in MD to openly display these on a vehicle with MD license plates :shock:...I guess only time and a traffic stop will tell .

Officer: "Sir, you do realize that you live in Maryland, that your vehicle is registered in Maryland, and that you are OPENLY displaying (read: brandishing) a VCDL logo on your vehicle that is currently traversing Maryland roadways?"

Me: "Yes sir officer, I do....am I being detained or am I free to go?"

At least I can still (for now) exercise my 1st Amendment rights here in MD

Alexandria (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA

Post imported post

JUst got back, probably will go back tomorrow. There is a Colt 1911 New Agent calling me back. $849 before taxes.

Post imported post

I just got back. Just bought some .22 ammo (looking for something my Ruger MkII will eat), but the selection was great. Fudd guns, terrorist rifles, everything. There was even one of those .50 cal shoot-down-an-airliner only-good-for-terrorists rifles there.

I would point out, however, that it was very hot inside the expo center. I dunno if it'll be better tomorrow, but they insisted the AC was on and working, so you might want to bring water, a bucket of ice, etc.

Post imported post

Got a used P7M8, went directly to Gilbert's to shoot it. What a great gun!
    P7 number 2 for me...Now I just have to find a good looking p7m13 at a good price....

Post imported post

mkl wrote:
    P7 number 2 for me...Now I just have to find a good looking p7m13 at a good price....
    I saw a used P7M13 (it looked used) for $14xx at a table somewhere. I'd have bought it if I had $14xx to spend; I've got a P7M10, and the magazines for the M10 will work for the M13. That, and I think I'm more of a revolver-guy...but the HK P7 series are beautiful semi-autos.

Post imported post

kle wrote:
    mkl wrote:
    I saw a used P7M13 (it looked used) for $14xx at a table somewhere.* I'd have bought it if I had $14xx to spend; I've got a P7M10, and the magazines for the M10 will work for the M13.* That, and I think I'm more of a revolver-guy...but the HK P7 series are beautiful semi-autos.
    I saw that and liked the price...but the slide was too trashed for me. Sloppy SS hand engraved and VERY worn . Would have needed refinishing for me to be happy with. Plus with that much external wear, I worry about the internals. Could be a good deal for someone willing to put some more money into it.

Post imported post

I went Friday and was there when the doors opened. I was looking for a specific pistol (Taurus 24/7 Pro in .40 with a stainless slide) and went to every dealer there looking for it. No one had one! They had them in 9mm or without the stainless slide etc. etc. I left Friday fairly disapointed cuz I didn't get what I was looking for and I was sure such a large show would have it.

After I ran some errands today I decided to drop by again and look at some other stuff. I parked on the South 40 next to an older guy who was toting a rifle. We got talking and he was a manufacturer/seller of Ruger 10/22 accessories; and since I was looking for a few of the items he was selling I made my first purchase of the day from the back of his truck!

Once in the show Iactually found the pistol I was looking for! (Apparently there was some new stock at several tables from Friday to Saturday.) I added a new leather holster and gun-belt, as well as a two-mag pouch and some defencive ammo. (I wore the gun out of the show.)

So I guess you can say I had my first Open Carry experience leaving the show today! (The first of many to come.)

I also saw the VCDL tale only when I was on my way out. Not the best position for them; I'd recomend they move back by where the Hooters Girls were hanging out!
    :celebrate

Post imported post

VCDL does not pay for the table at the Chantilly show. It's donated for free by the show promoter for the efforts VCDL undertook to get laws changed and hence, allow a gun show in Ffx Co. Years ago the law was you had to wait 3 days before taking possession of a gun, which caused the closing of gun shows.

If I am wrong on any of the above info, please correct me.

So, we get a free table, but seem to get relegated to a less popular area of the show. You win some, you lose some. Also, you'll notice that most returning vendors are in the same spot at every show.

Post imported post

Just got back, was very disappointed... with the amount I had in bank account.

I almost bought a Glock 22c for the wife. After the CT rapes and murder, she is considering starting carrying. She is going to start CC then move to OC - I'm sure. Only taken me 13 years to get her to even touch my guns.

Post imported post

Took 11 years to convince my family, well the DC snipers and September 11th really did, just proved what I had been saying was right.

Back to the topic at hand, I went Friday, today and will go again tommorrow. I make that 3 day pass pay. A GLOCK 27 followed me home today. A M70 underfolder Kalashnikov almost did but I forgot to bring proof of citizenship to buy the 'assault rifle', no proof of citizenship needed for the pistol .

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp...d+18.2-308.2C2
    In addition, no dealer shall sell, rent, trade or transfer from his inventory any assault firearm to any person who is not a citizen of the United States or who is not a person lawfully admitted for permanent residence. To establish citizenship or lawful admission for a permanent residence for purposes of purchasing an assault firearm, a dealer shall require a prospective purchaser to present a certified birth certificate or a certificate of birth abroad issued by the United States State Department, a certificate of citizenship or a certificate of naturalization issued by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services, an unexpired U.S. passport, a United States citizen identification card, a current voter registration card, a current selective service registration card, or an immigrant visa or other documentation of status as a person lawfully admitted for permanent residence issued by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services.

http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp...+18.2-308.2C01

For purposes of this section, "assault firearm" means any semi-automatic center-fire rifle or pistol that expels single or multiple projectiles by action of an explosion of a combustible material and is equipped at the time of the offense with a magazine which will hold more than 20 rounds of ammunition or designed by the manufacturer to accommodate a silencer or equipped with a folding stock.

Post imported post

Wow. But of course you can buy a rifle and a stock and a magazine seperately...like you said before, Longwatch: gun control doesn't make sense.

Post imported post

Anyone have any pics from the show? I'm going Sunday, but it would be cool if we had pics from the 3 days.

Post imported post

no cameras allowed I believe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast