• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Nations Gun Show

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Who's going? I know we have our picnic afterwards on saturday but I expect to be there all three days.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

My family is planning to be there between 5-5:30 tonight - until I'm satisfied I've looked at as many full-size, probably 1911, pistols as I can so I can make up my mind.

We plan to go to dinner afterward at Eggspectations. Anyone want to join us?

echo6tango

imported post

I'm leaving work early to be there by 3 today. Compared to the shows we have in MD, this show is has far too many deals to pass up! Not to mention a much wider variety of guns, even though I'm limited to purchasing long guns :X

Horrid Mischief

imported post

I am taking off work early to be there when the doors open. I've even got some hard-earned money in my pocket and with an eye towards purchasing a few things. I recently had a birthday, so I get to buy myself a present (or three)!
:celebrate

echo6tango

imported post

I was there today and I thought it wasa pretty nice spread. I didn't see the VCDL table until I was on my way out. I gave them all the cash in my pocket at the time and I did of course grab a couple round VCDL stickers for my truck. I hope it's not illegal in MD to openly display these on a vehicle with MD license plates :shock:...I guess only time and a traffic stop will tell :D.

Officer: "Sir, you do realize that you live in Maryland, that your vehicle is registered in Maryland, and that you are OPENLY displaying (read: brandishing) a VCDL logo on your vehicle that is currently traversing Maryland roadways?"

Me: "Yes sir officer, I do....am I being detained or am I free to go?"

At least I can still (for now) exercise my 1st Amendment rights here in MD:D

apocryph

imported post

I just got back. Just bought some .22 ammo (looking for something my Ruger MkII will eat), but the selection was great. Fudd guns, terrorist rifles, everything. There was even one of those .50 cal shoot-down-an-airliner only-good-for-terrorists rifles there.

I would point out, however, that it was very hot inside the expo center. I dunno if it'll be better tomorrow, but they insisted the AC was on and working, so you might want to bring water, a bucket of ice, etc.

mkl

imported post

Got a used P7M8, went directly to Gilbert's to shoot it. What a great gun!
P7 number 2 for me...Now I just have to find a good looking p7m13 at a good price....

kle

imported post

mkl wrote:
P7 number 2 for me...Now I just have to find a good looking p7m13 at a good price....
I saw a used P7M13 (it looked used) for $14xx at a table somewhere. I'd have bought it if I had $14xx to spend; I've got a P7M10, and the magazines for the M10 will work for the M13. That, and I think I'm more of a revolver-guy...but the HK P7 series are beautiful semi-autos.

mkl

imported post

kle wrote:
mkl wrote:
I saw a used P7M13 (it looked used) for $14xx at a table somewhere.  I'd have bought it if I had $14xx to spend; I've got a P7M10, and the magazines for the M10 will work for the M13.  That, and I think I'm more of a revolver-guy...but the HK P7 series are beautiful semi-autos.

I saw that and liked the price...but the slide was too trashed for me. Sloppy SS hand engraved and VERY worn . Would have needed refinishing for me to be happy with. Plus with that much external wear, I worry about the internals. Could be a good deal for someone willing to put some more money into it.

Horrid Mischief

imported post

I went Friday and was there when the doors opened. I was looking for a specific pistol (Taurus 24/7 Pro in .40 with a stainless slide) and went to every dealer there looking for it. No one had one! They had them in 9mm or without the stainless slide etc. etc. I left Friday fairly disapointed cuz I didn't get what I was looking for and I was sure such a large show would have it.

After I ran some errands today I decided to drop by again and look at some other stuff. I parked on the South 40 next to an older guy who was toting a rifle. We got talking and he was a manufacturer/seller of Ruger 10/22 accessories; and since I was looking for a few of the items he was selling I made my first purchase of the day from the back of his truck!

Once in the show Iactually found the pistol I was looking for! (Apparently there was some new stock at several tables from Friday to Saturday.) I added a new leather holster and gun-belt, as well as a two-mag pouch and some defencive ammo. (I wore the gun out of the show.) :D

So I guess you can say I had my first Open Carry experience leaving the show today! (The first of many to come.)

I also saw the VCDL tale only when I was on my way out. Not the best position for them; I'd recomend they move back by where the Hooters Girls were hanging out!
:celebrate

IanB

imported post

VCDL does not pay for the table at the Chantilly show. It's donated for free by the show promoter for the efforts VCDL undertook to get laws changed and hence, allow a gun show in Ffx Co. Years ago the law was you had to wait 3 days before taking possession of a gun, which caused the closing of gun shows.

If I am wrong on any of the above info, please correct me.

So, we get a free table, but seem to get relegated to a less popular area of the show. You win some, you lose some. Also, you'll notice that most returning vendors are in the same spot at every show.