• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Democrats remain the party of gun-grabbers

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Every single Democratic candidate is now unabashedly and stridentlymarching lock-step in theanti-gun position parade. No exceptions. This is foolish.

I think the gun ownership/rights issues will be big in the 2008, possibly crucially so, as it was in 2000 when Gore lost TNgreatly because of his anti-gun positions. Why the Demsare so strident about it, I can't fathom. It's just one of those simplistic issues for them, I guess.

Gotta love Michelle Malkin's recent writing on 2A issues. She and Ann Coulter area dynamic conservative women writer duo on gun rightsandit's fun to read their stuff on 2A issues.

Sometimes things really are as simple as they seem. And the Democrats really are the party of gun control. And that will hurt them in 2008, overall.

The Democrats' Gun Owner-Bashing YouTube Moment

Wed Jul 25, 3:00 AM ET

Sen. Joe Biden is the embodiment of snide. Snide is the embodiment of the left-wing attitude toward gun owners. So when snide Joe Biden confronted a YouTube user who asked Democrat presidential candidates about gun control during a debate Monday night, what unfolded was a Teachable YouTube Moment — the caught-on-tape embodiment of ideological snideness toward the Second Amendment and those who defend it.

"Good evening, America. My name is Jered Townsend from Clio, Michigan," the YouTube citizen questioner began. "To all the candidates, tell me your position on gun control, as myself and other Americans really want to know if our babies are safe." Townsend then pulled out his Bushmaster AR-15. "This is my 'baby,' purchased under the 1994 gun ban. Please tell me your views. Thank you."

New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson was asked to respond first. CNN host Anderson Cooper noted that Richardson has "one of the highest NRA ratings." Richardson ran so fast from his record, you could see the Road Runner puff of cartoon smoke billowing at the base of his podium. "The issue here, I believe, is instant background checks," he sputtered. "Nobody who has a criminal background or is mentally ill should be able to get a weapon." Richardson babbled for a few more painful seconds about "attacking poverty, bringing people together, dealing with those kids in the ghettos that are heavy users of gun violence," while the liberals in the audience sat stone-cold silent.

Not a peep from Richardson about the fundamental right to self-defense, of course.

Cooper rescued Richardson by turning to The Smirk from Delaware. "Senator Biden, are you going to be able to keep his 'baby' safe?" Snide Joe grabbed his opening: "I'll tell you what, if that is his baby, he needs help."

Biden threw red meat to the blue audience. He was richly rewarded with loud applause. Biden showed off his lawyerly credentials and continued to wallop the YouTube gun owner: "I think he just made an admission against self-interest. I don't know that he is mentally qualified to own that gun." Why? Because he showed affection for his possession? Because he's an enthusiastic hobbyist? Because he talked about his gun the way Paris Hilton talks about her Chihuahua or Brad Pitt talks about his Ducati or Al Gore talks about his Priuses and compact fluorescent light bulbs?

The audience roared with laughter at Biden's mockery of the gun owner's mental health. So much for politically correct sensitivity toward the mentally ill, eh? "I'm being serious," Biden chuckled. "Look, we should be working with law enforcement, right now, to make sure that we protect people against people who don't — are not capable of knowing what to do with a gun because they're either mentally imbalanced and/or because they have a criminal record, and . . . "

Cooper interrupted Biden's rant, but he stuck in one more jibe at Jered Townsend, the YouTube gun owner. "I hope he doesn't come looking for me." More laughter.

Did any of the other candidates pipe up to defend the gun owner? Not a one. Biden's snark and smarm spoke for them. The Democrats remain the party of gun-grabbers. Its leading presidential candidates view gun-owners as crackpots and nutballs, and treat the Second Amendment as a nuisance to be circumvented and cured. Big Nanny, not bedrock constitutional principle, rules.

The Democrats are shooting themselves in the foot by taking arrogant potshots at gun owners in a nationally televised debate. A recent Gallup Poll showed that roughly one in three Americans who live in the Midwest and South owns a gun; 27 percent of independents and 23 percent of Democrats identify themselves as gun owners. A majority use their weapons for crime prevention. Who in the Democrat Party speaks for them? Are the majority of women gun owners who own a gun for self-defense "mentally imbalanced," too?

The Dems can enjoy Biden's YouTube-able wisecracking now. But come general election time, it may be Second Amendment defenders who get the last laugh.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/uc/20070725/cm_uc_crmmax/op_193380

dng

State Researcher
imported post

AHHHHH!!!:cuss::cuss::banghead::banghead::banghead: I need a emoticon that has smoke rising from the smiley's head, because my head just exploded!!!! I can't take their insanity today!

DT4E31

imported post

Another factor in all this was who they put on. Im sure they had plenty of pro gun uploads to choose from. But they picked a guy who did'nt have the most articulate question, actualy it was quite vague. No hard question ofwhat do you think the 2nd amendment has to do with individual rights pertaining to gun ownership etc.Also his referring to his AR as his "baby" was no doubt just what they were looking for to make gun owners seem out of touch with mainstream america. IM sure CNN knew the candidates would have fun with that guys appearance, and they sure did.

Im not trying to insult the guy, I just think helet himself getused.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

DT4E31 wrote:
Another factor in all this was who they put on. Im sure they had plenty of pro gun uploads to choose from. But they picked a guy who did'nt have the most articulate question, actualy it was quite vague. No hard question ofwhat do you think the 2nd amendment has to do with individual rights pertaining to gun ownership etc.Also his referring to his AR as his "baby" was no doubt just what they were looking for to make gun owners seem out of touch with mainstream america. IM sure CNN knew the candidates would have fun with that guys appearance, and they sure did.

Im not trying to insult the guy, I just think helet himself getused.
It isextremely easy to make fun of or to "use" the extremists and dullards in any ideological and/or partisangroup.

Tomahawk

imported post

HankT wrote:
Gotta love Michelle Malkin's recent writing on 2A issues. She and Ann Coulter area dynamic conservative women writer duo on gun rightsandit's fun to read their stuff on 2A issues.

Malkin embarasingly came out in defense of rounding up people for internment camps, and Coulter has become the Rosie O of the right. At least[Malkin's] ahottie.

[Coulter's name removed FOREVER due to below image...thanks for the head's up]

unrequited

imported post

hah, I forgot what Ann Coulter looked like so when I put her name in google, this was the second image:
coulter_adamsapple.jpg

Tomahawk

imported post

AbNo wrote:
It's called she needs to eat....

And also, that's a pretty poor Photoshopping.

Doesn't matter, dude. The damage is done.

She's not that good-looking, anyway, and I do hate the awful things that comeout of her mouth, so it's no big deal.