Thread: rifle shoot

Post imported post

Whatever happened to organizing some kind of rifle shoot/get together? I thought it was talked about a while ago but no mention in a while. I have a new SKS (for almost two months) and haven't had a chance to shoot it. If nothing else, ,does anyone know where I would be able to shoot it??

Post imported post

The NRA range is open to the public and is 50 yds

It's rightthere at the junction ofrt 50 and I66

How do you buy a new SKS and not shoot for 2 months, you have better self control than I do!

Post imported post

Money's short and ammo is expensive (to me). Trying to get out there somewhere tho. How are ammo prices at NRA??

Post imported post

FYI, ammoman.com has 7.62x39 Golden Tiger for a limited time at $179/case of 1000, shipped. My UPS guy hates me now I think. AIM had it a bit cheaper but their shipping wipes out any savings.

Post imported post

zoom6zoom wrote:
    FYI, ammoman.com has 7.62x39 Golden Tiger for a limited time at $179/case of 1000, shipped. My UPS guy hates me now I think. AIM had it a bit cheaper but their shipping wipes out any savings.
    That's funny! I remember the strained face look on my UPS guy's face when he tried hauling two cardboard boxes from ammoman.com to my front door. He could only carry one at a time. He said something like, "Wow, what the heck is in these?" I just smiled and said, "Fun for me!" Free shipping on something that heavy...priceless!

Post imported post

echo6tango wrote:
    That's funny! I remember the strained face look on my UPS guy's face when he tried hauling two cardboard boxes from ammoman.com to my front door. He could only carry one at a time. He said something like, "Wow, what the heck is in these?"
    Should have told him it was for the zombies.

Post imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
    echo6tango wrote:
    That's funny! I remember the strained face look on my UPS guy's face when he tried hauling two cardboard boxes from ammoman.com to my front door. He could only carry one at a time. He said something like, "Wow, what the heck is in these?"
    Whoa!! Have you been tracking me on zombiehunters.org?! Okay, it seems a little crazy at first glance, but the premise of being prepared for a zombie outbreak makes you prepared for anything... . Good group of folks and most truly believe the before mentioned "premise" It’s all in good fun to promote that folks should be prepared to provide for themselves…short term or long term.

Post imported post

echo6tango wrote:
    Tomahawk wrote:
    echo6tango wrote:
    Whoa!! Have you been tracking me on zombiehunters.org?! Okay, it seems a little crazy at first glance, but the premise of being prepared for a zombie outbreak makes you prepared for anything... . Good group of folks and most truly believe the before mentioned "premise" It’s all in good fun to promote that folks should be prepared to provide for themselves…short term or long term.
    http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_to...hlight=zombies

Post imported post

"What's in these, lead?"

"Yup, mostly".

Post imported post

echo6tango wrote:
    zoom6zoom wrote:
    That's funny! I remember the strained face look on my UPS guy's face when he tried hauling two cardboard boxes from ammoman.com to my front door. He could only carry one at a time. He said something like, "Wow, what the heck is in these?" I just smiled and said, "Fun for me!" Free shipping on something that heavy...priceless!
    The free shipping thing is cool. Not too many places do that.

After doing some quick math -- I think this place may come out cheaper even with shipping.

www.wideners.com

DC