Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: rifle shoot

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Woodbridge, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    160

    Post imported post

    Whatever happened to organizing some kind of rifle shoot/get together? I thought it was talked about a while ago but no mention in a while. I have a new SKS (for almost two months) and haven't had a chance to shoot it. If nothing else, ,does anyone know where I would be able to shoot it??

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    dumries, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    321

    Post imported post

    The NRA range is open to the public and is 50 yds

    It's rightthere at the junction ofrt 50 and I66

    How do you buy a new SKS and not shoot for 2 months, you have better self control than I do!

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Woodbridge, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    160

    Post imported post

    Money's short and ammo is expensive (to me). Trying to get out there somewhere tho. How are ammo prices at NRA??

  4. #4
    Regular Member zoom6zoom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dale City, VA, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,694

    Post imported post

    FYI, ammoman.com has 7.62x39 Golden Tiger for a limited time at $179/case of 1000, shipped. My UPS guy hates me now I think. AIM had it a bit cheaper but their shipping wipes out any savings.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    , Maryland, USA
    Posts
    230

    Post imported post

    zoom6zoom wrote:
    FYI, ammoman.com has 7.62x39 Golden Tiger for a limited time at $179/case of 1000, shipped. My UPS guy hates me now I think. AIM had it a bit cheaper but their shipping wipes out any savings.
    That's funny! I remember the strained face look on my UPS guy's face when he tried hauling two cardboard boxes from ammoman.com to my front door. He could only carry one at a time. He said something like, "Wow, what the heck is in these?" I just smiled and said, "Fun for me!" Free shipping on something that heavy...priceless!

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    4 hours south of HankT, ,
    Posts
    5,121

    Post imported post

    echo6tango wrote:
    That's funny! I remember the strained face look on my UPS guy's face when he tried hauling two cardboard boxes from ammoman.com to my front door. He could only carry one at a time. He said something like, "Wow, what the heck is in these?"
    Should have told him it was for the zombies.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    , Maryland, USA
    Posts
    230

    Post imported post

    Tomahawk wrote:
    echo6tango wrote:
    That's funny! I remember the strained face look on my UPS guy's face when he tried hauling two cardboard boxes from ammoman.com to my front door. He could only carry one at a time. He said something like, "Wow, what the heck is in these?"
    Should have told him it was for the zombies.
    Whoa!! Have you been tracking me on zombiehunters.org?! Okay, it seems a little crazy at first glance, but the premise of being prepared for a zombie outbreak makes you prepared for anything... . Good group of folks and most truly believe the before mentioned "premise" It’s all in good fun to promote that folks should be prepared to provide for themselves…short term or long term.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    4 hours south of HankT, ,
    Posts
    5,121

    Post imported post

    echo6tango wrote:
    Tomahawk wrote:
    echo6tango wrote:
    That's funny! I remember the strained face look on my UPS guy's face when he tried hauling two cardboard boxes from ammoman.com to my front door. He could only carry one at a time. He said something like, "Wow, what the heck is in these?"
    Should have told him it was for the zombies.
    Whoa!! Have you been tracking me on zombiehunters.org?! Okay, it seems a little crazy at first glance, but the premise of being prepared for a zombie outbreak makes you prepared for anything... . Good group of folks and most truly believe the before mentioned "premise" It’s all in good fun to promote that folks should be prepared to provide for themselves…short term or long term.
    http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_to...hlight=zombies

  9. #9
    Regular Member zoom6zoom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dale City, VA, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,694

    Post imported post

    "What's in these, lead?"

    "Yup, mostly".

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The Lower End of NoVa, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    719

    Post imported post

    echo6tango wrote:
    zoom6zoom wrote:
    FYI, ammoman.com has 7.62x39 Golden Tiger for a limited time at $179/case of 1000, shipped. My UPS guy hates me now I think. AIM had it a bit cheaper but their shipping wipes out any savings.
    That's funny! I remember the strained face look on my UPS guy's face when he tried hauling two cardboard boxes from ammoman.com to my front door. He could only carry one at a time. He said something like, "Wow, what the heck is in these?" I just smiled and said, "Fun for me!" Free shipping on something that heavy...priceless!
    The free shipping thing is cool. Not too many places do that.

    After doing some quick math -- I think this place may come out cheaper even with shipping.

    www.wideners.com

    DC



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •