• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

moved to payson!

b1ack5mith

imported post

hey all!! just moved to payson UT! now all i need is a job and then i can get a gun to OC hahaha! when are we havin that meet so i can meet some of ya!

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

Welcome to Payson! I live next door in Santaquin. We need to start talking about that open carry meet. Hell, I am willing to drive to the Layton Hills Mall for this one, who's with me? ;)

xmirage2kx

imported post

While Layton hills mall may be fun to prove a point, I don’t think it would be the best place. After all aren’t we trying to prove we are respectable citizens and not out to cause a scene?

That being said, Layton hills mall sounds like a lot more fun than some city park…..lol

We should try for some Pizza place or something like that, makes it easier than a BBQ

b1ack5mith

imported post

i dont even have a handgun! XD! ill be lookin for a job (no fast food! lol!) and i should get one within a few months! i saw one that looked pretty cool (a heritage .22, but in a gunfight im sure id rather have somethin a bit bigger COUGH*45, 44, 357*COUGH)

xmirage2kx

imported post

Keep your eyes on the classifieds. I have a friend who picked up a S&W M64 (I think thatwas the model, it’s a .38 w/ a 2" barrel) for $100. I saw a Hi-point .380 and 9mm for $70 on KSL.com just a day or 2 ago. While not the best guns out there it beats being without and any gun that costs less that an hours worth of ammoat the range has my Thumbs up for a good buy when it’s that orgoing without. Then just pick up a $5 uncle mikes holster and it will tide you over for a while. Then after you do get your XD just sell the cheap-o gun for $10 less than you paidor eventhe same priceand include the holster and maybe a handful of ammo as a "bonus".

b1ack5mith

imported post

WOWWW! sweet! im goin to KY in sept, so when i get back, ill use my leftover cash to pick one up!

and where is the sheriffs shooting range around here? and is it free? (i heard were not allowed to shoot in the hills yet, but if i can, how far do i have to go? im near payson walmart)

xmirage2kx

imported post

The Sheriffs range is free till the 10th of AUGat least. It should be free as long as the ban is in effect.

Sheriff's Range
Free Shooting
12814 S. Highway 89
Spanish Fork Canyon

b1ack5mith

imported post

sweet! thanks dude! :) maybe ill take the little bro down there and fire off a few rounds haha

and the ban shouldnt be much longer... right? from all the rain weve been havin (well we havent had much... but weve had a crapload of full clouds and thunder!)

b1ack5mith

imported post

OOOH and i checked out ksl.com and that freakin OWNS! that 90 somethin dollar 9mm wasnt the prettiest gun... but it would have been nice to start with! (looks for a job) ill be gettin one soon, just need to find a job

xmirage2kx

imported post

I would pick up something a little bigger 9mm, .357-.38, .40, .45.

9mm is usually the cheapest to shoot, and with hollow point roundsyou won’t have to worry about stopping someone if you need to. A .22 will kill, but not usually stop howeverIf you just want to plink at the range a .22 is just fine

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

If you are looking for an inexpensive first pistol, head down to Cal Ranch in Spanish Fork. My brother bought a 9MM HiPoint pistol there for around $100 to $150. Not the best piece in the world, but it is a good shooter. It hasn't fallen apart yet!

b1ack5mith

imported post

9mm aye? yeah i saw that hi-point, and it was one funny lookin gun! HAHAH! so when i get back from KY ill check em out :) 100-150 isnt a bad deal! but could i get somethin a lil prettier for about 200?

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

As you can see on my avatar, I carry a Glock 23. It is chambered in .40 S&W. So if you ever see a Glock on the hip of someone in the Payson Wal-Mart, it is probably me. As for something prettier for $200, go to Van Wagenens or Gunnies in Orem. The usually have some good deals on used pistols. That is where I bought my AR and my wifes Glock, respectively.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

b1ack5mith wrote:
i dont even have a handgun! XD! ill be lookin for a job (no fast food! lol!) and i should get one within a few months! i saw one that looked pretty cool (a heritage .22, but in a gunfight im sure id rather have somethin a bit bigger COUGH*45, 44, 357*COUGH)
I think I will be picking up a S&W 329 4" (44Mag) as a X-mas gift for myself. Picking up a S&W 637 .38 Special +P for my wife in the next week or two.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

SGT Jensen wrote:
As you can see on my avatar, I carry a Glock 23. It is chambered in .40 S&W. So if you ever see a Glock on the hip of someone in the Payson Wal-Mart, it is probably me. As for something prettier for $200, go to Van Wagenens or Gunnies in Orem. The usually have some good deals on used pistols. That is where I bought my AR and my wifes Glock, respectively.

Can you keep an eye out for a S&W 637 (for my wife) and a S&W 329 4" (for me). Please???

I hear that Van Wagenens is darn good place to find a shooter, I might even come down and visit.

[align=left]
smith_637.jpg

[/align]

Smith and Wesson 329PD 44Mag, 4 Inch, Black Finish, Titanium, Hiviz Sights, Rubber and Wood Grips, 6rd

smith_329pd.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
Can you keep an eye out for a S&W 637 (for my wife) and a S&W 329 4" (for me). Please???

I hear that Van Wagenens is darn good place to find a shooter, I might even come down and visit

I need to start a gun shopping busisness! I get this question a lot. If I see something, I will let you know!

Kevin Jensen

State Researcher
imported post

In my estimates, I am the furthest south, and I am guessing that someone in Layton is furthest north. (See Layton Hills Mall Thread) The mid point being about 12300 South. Maybe an OCDO meet near there soon?