• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

At least the Daily Press will run both sides of an issue!!

bayboy42

imported post

http://www.dailypress.com/news/opinion/dp-ed_friltrs_07273jul27,0,7130944.story?coll=hr_tab04_layout

Open-carry rights

July 27, 2007

In Virginia, state law prohibits localities from adopting or enforcing laws regarding the purchase, carrying, possession, storage or sale of firearms. As such, localities have no legal authority to prohibit the open carrying of handguns in locations not subject to state laws.

In light of several recent situations, it's clear that the city of Norfolk needs some refresher training on Virginia's gun laws. Several law-abiding citizens have been unlawfully disarmed and detained ("Visitor shoots down Harborfest firearms law," July 23). The disarming procedures involved in these situations have endangered the lives of these law-abiding citizens as well as adjacent bystanders. Hopefully this refresher training will take place before someone is unnecessarily injured.

"Bayboy42"[/i]

Gloucester Point[/i]

Lew

imported post

Was this you, or just an opinion you found? In any case, glad they ran it. I offered a comment on the page.

ParaWarthog

imported post

Wow, imagine that: Both sides of the topic. Usually the anti's prefer to censor and silence us, because the truth is a little too much sometimes. Good find.

bayboy42

imported post

Lew- yep, I wrote it. Submitted it online the other day and forgot about it until today when my daughter and I were at my company picnic. We were sitting next to an older gentleman that I work with who was reading the paper. Without looking up, he says "Bayboy42"...you just moved to GLoucester Point, didn't you?" I said yes and he leaned over and showed it to me.:what: