• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

From Fox News-Soda Can Assault Victim Wakes to Shoot Robber

67GT390FB

imported post

Soda Can Assault Victim Wakes to Shoot Robber
Friday, July 27, 2007
service_ap_36.gif

EL DORADO, Ark.— An elderly man beaten unconscious by an assailant wielding a soda can later awoke and shot the man during an attempted robbery, police said.[/b]

Willie Lee Hill[/b], 93, told police he saw the robber while in his bedroom Wednesday night. Hill confronted Douglas B. Williams Jr.[/b], 24, of El Dorado, who struck the elderly man at least 50 times, knocking him out, police said.

Hill, covered in blood from the attack, regained consciousness and pulled a .38-caliber handgun on Williams. Williams saw the gun and charged Hill, who fired one round, police said. The bullet struck Williams in the throat.

When police arrived, officers said Williams told them, "I can't feel my legs and I got what I deserved."

Paramedics took Hill and Williams to the Medical Center of South Arkansas for treatment. Doctors later sent Williams to the Louisiana State University Medical Center[/b] at Shreveport, where he was listed in critical condition Friday.

Employees at the Medical Center of South Arkansas refused to give Hill's condition or say if he'd been discharged from the hospital Friday, citing medical privacy laws.

Officers reported finding a set of keys, two hearing aids, a CD player, an MP3 player[/b], a Craftsman drill bit set and three pocket knives inside Williams' pockets. Police plan to charge Williams with residential burglary, second-degree battery, theft of property and theft by receiving.

Lew

imported post

67GT390FB wrote:
When police arrived, officers said Williams told them, "I can't feel my legs and I got what I deserved."

Indeed. I must be in a good mood (weekend + beer!), because I truly hope he learns his lesson and turns his liife around.

AbNo

imported post

Shouldn't this be in True Tales?

Or at least Stories > Arkansas

That being said, too bad he didn't get shot a few inches higher.

Maybe he'll learn something from this, and not "I've got to get one of those"...

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

AbNo wrote:

The object is to stop the threat. Not shoot in the head. What's done is done. The old man done good. Godbless him. I hope he recuperates completely.

What a brutal attack by the ba*tard Williams. I hope they lock his a** up for a lonnnngggg time. I'm trying to figure out why they didn't charge Williams with attempted murder...

1st freedom

imported post

HankT wrote:
AbNo wrote:

The object is to stop the threat. Not shoot in the head. What's done is done. The old man done good. Godbless him. I hope he recuperates completely.

What a brutal attack by the ba*tard Williams. I hope they lock his a** up for a lonnnngggg time. I'm trying to figure out why they didn't charge Williams with attempted murder...

he'll plea bargan down to 22 months ofthree hot's and a cot, free cable, free medical and any education he mayso desire.should be enough time to heal so he can pick up where he left off.

just like the rest of them

and next time he will use a gun and he will kill an old man

and then you will hear a twisted story about how his death is because of " too many guns on the street"instead of too many repeat offenders on the street :banghead:

LEO 229

imported post

I will give it to the bad guy.... he stated "I got what I deserved"

Since he cannot feel his legs.. I can only imagine he is paralysed.

But having said that... His family will now sue the old man since Pappa cannot "work" (Yes.. Burglary is a job that brings home the bacon) and now his family needs support.

It will not be the first time that a criminal has sued and won. :p

I am happy the old man is OK and the criminal was caught so he can"stand" before the man to answer for his crimes.

1st freedom

imported post

the "castle Doctrine" isin place in Arkansass, so he wont have to support this guy the rest of his dispicable life :lol::celebrate:lol:

your NRA members had alot to do with that;)

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
I am happy the old man is OK and the criminal was caught so he can"stand" before the man to answer for his crimes.

Any ideas onwhy the criminal wasn't charged with more than second-degree battery for the beating of the 93 year old man?

Seems very light to me.

93! Man, he did pretty dman goodfor a 93 year old guy!

67GT390FB

imported post

AbNo wrote:
Shouldn't this be in True Tales?

Or at least Stories > Arkansas

Maybe he'll learn something from this, and not "I've got to get one of those"...
i thought about it for a split second and then decided if it needs to be moved let bob cav or one of the other moderators move it. I'm in VA I thought it was interesting so i put it here where my fellow Virginians you included can enjoy it. God I hope this site doesn't turn into one of those where you have post nazis(no offense meant not calling you one yet:lol:) worry over whether a post is in the wrong forum more than what the post is about.

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

HankT wrote:
LEO 229 wrote:

Any ideas onwhy the criminal wasn't charged with more than second-degree battery for the beating of the 93 year old man?

Seems very light to me.

93! Man, he did pretty dman goodfor a 93 year old guy!
I didn't catch it anywhere, maybe his first offense?