• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Aurora

FogRider

imported post

I just wanted to share my first open carry encounter. I was in my parking lot working on my bike, and the lady parked next to me was leaving. She noticed my gun, and asked what kind, and how it was legal for me to have it on me. So, I proceded to explain that I can open carry in all of CO, excepting Denver (grrr, stupid Denver...). Her respose was, "oh, thats good to know. I actualy do like guns, but didn't know that. But dont you have to be old enough?". So I then have to explain that I suffer from chronic babyface (23, can pass for 16-17), and she thanked me for my time and went on herway. On the whole I have to say it was a lot more positive than I expected.

Anubis

imported post

Good to hear. Please keep us posted on further encounters.

In an older thread in this section, there was an anecdote about a Colorado park ranger who was an open carry fan.The gist of the story was that she had to use her LEO credentials a couple of times(to avoid hassle by Aurora Police)because the Aurora Police apparently have unofficial orders to discourage open carry to the max. She was quoted as having said if she were a nonLEO she wouldn't open carry in Aurora or Denver, but would do so anywhere else.

I live in Aurora too, so I am particularly interested in learning whether your experiences in Aurora confirm her view.

okiebryan

Director, Oklahoma Open Carry Association
I'll just leave this here.
necropost.jpg

Attachments

• necropost.jpg
    necropost.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:

mahkagari

Are y'all seriously necro'ing a thread from a month ago to diss someone for necro'ing? *snicker*