• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The "Jesse Jackson" Gun

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

****************************************** 9. My Jesse Jackson Gun ******************************************

Member Ken Bayes thinks a gun is a good way to remember our opponents and for what they really stand. He writes: "In honor of Mr. Jackson's renewed efforts for gun control, via protests beginning on August 28th 2007, I've decided to purchase a firearm on that day. I will call it my Jesse Jackson gun. I look forward to adding this to my collection, which already includes my Clinton(bought the day he left office) and my Bloomberg gun. Once I have three, I believe I'll have a collection going :) ! Just wanted to share my idea."

Started to post this in the Virginia forum, but then thought others would be interested.

My JJ gun will be a Bersa .45. I've been wanting it for a while, and a dealer says he can have it for me.

Yesterday, at the Nation's Gun Show (Chantilly, VA) I spoke with several people about the idea. I'll be blogging about it soon

DT4E31

imported post

Just bought a Glock19, already have one that is about 16 years old and a GLock 26 that is about 10years old. They are like potato chips, you just can't stop at one.:celebrate

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
Oh, man, now I have to buy another gun? I'm bleedin' white, here!

In Virginia you have to buy one gun a month anyway, so just dedicate Augusts gun to Jesse.

But I have to agree with you that this one gun a month thing has really hit the pocket book hard. I don't think I am going to have any money left over for any "Albo fees" that might come up. :what:

I am thinking a nice S&W 460. It even has an action lock in honor of Jesse.
Regards

UTOC-45-44

imported post

Tess wrote:
****************************************** 9. My Jesse Jackson Gun ******************************************

Member Ken Bayes thinks a gun is a good way to remember our opponents and for what they really stand. He writes: "In honor of Mr. Jackson's renewed efforts for gun control, via protests beginning on August 28th 2007, I've decided to purchase a firearm on that day. I will call it my Jesse Jackson gun. I look forward to adding this to my collection, which already includes my Clinton(bought the day he left office) and my Bloomberg gun. Once I have three, I believe I'll have a collection going :) ! Just wanted to share my idea."

Started to post this in the Virginia forum, but then thought others would be interested.

My JJ gun will be a Bersa .45. I've been wanting it for a while, and a dealer says he can have it for me.

Yesterday, at the Nation's Gun Show (Chantilly, VA) I spoke with several people about the idea. I'll be blogging about it soon

So...the JJ Gun is supposed to be purchased on the 28th of Aug ???

Can I buy one on the 24th for my Wife, cuz it's Her birthday on the 24th,and dedictate it a JJ Gun???

She picked it out already. It's a S&W 637 w/CTLG .38spl +P ( around $580 ):lol:

Can anyone share a comment or two about this gun from Personal Experince(-S), Please ???

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
Tess wrote:

So...the JJ Gun is supposed to be purchased on the 28th of Aug ???

Can I buy one on the 24th for my Wife, cuz it's Her birthday on the 24th,and dedictate it a JJ Gun???

She picked it out already. It's a S&W 637 w/CTLG .38spl +P ( around $580 ):lol:

Can anyone share a comment or two about this gun from Personal Experince(-S), Please ???
I frequently use a S&W J-frame with CTC grips and +P .38 splammo. It's a fine self-defense platform. Hard to beat for simplicity, very good ballistics, and carry-ability.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

HankT, You Carry ???:shock:...:lol:

Just Kidding:lol:....

Thank you for your response. My wife liked the fact the "weightlessness" so that she can have it in her bag and on her hip. Being a Girl she doesn't want things too "hang down" ( no pun intended )like my 1911 does.

Is it very "snappy" ??? I mean...How's the recoil ???

UTOC-45-44

imported post

HankT, You Carry ???:shock:...:lol:

Just Kidding:lol:....

Thank you for your response. My wife liked the fact the "weightlessness" so that she can have it in her bag and on her hip. Being a Girl she doesn't want things too "hang down" ( no pun intended )like my 1911 does.

Is it very "snappy" ??? I mean...How's the recoil ???

ralphb72

imported post

Found a couple of interesting facts about this JJ BAG day that I thought I would share:

JJ says: "We have the right to live safe and secure, no matter where we live in America,” Rev. Jackson said during a prayer vigil at Chuck’s Gun Shop in this Chicago suburb.

more here if you can stomach it:

http://www.allamericanpatriots.com/48726393_jesse_jackson_rev_jackson_calls_nationwide_gun_protest_aug_28

but even better more info about the Gun buying:

http://www.buyagunday.com

For those who don't wish to click the highlights:

Should you be unable to purchase a gun on that day (money issues, just bought one the week before, don't have a permit yet, working during gun shop hours, etc.), here are some good alternatives:

• Buy the gun the preceding weekend instead.
  • Go practice at your local gun range. Even if you don't own a gun yet, some ranges offer rentals.
  • Introduce a newbie to the rewarding sport of shooting; bring him or her to the range and have a blast! Once hooked, it's nearly impossible for someone to revert back to their pre-shooting days.
  • Buy some more ammo. There's no such thing as too much ammo, and it always goes up in value and keeps forever if stored properly.
  • Apply for a CCW, LTC, gun permit or whatever they may call it in your state (should you be unfortunate enough to live in such a state).
  • Upgrade an existing gun (add scope, laser grips, etc.)
  • Write to your representatives about the various anti-gun-rights bills that are always making their way through the process at any given time.
  • Join and support a 2nd-Amendment group, like Gun Owners Action League (GOAL) in Massachusetts, GOA, NRA, etc.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Got a PM that my Bersa Thunder45 compact is ready and waiting.

Can't the 28th get here sooner?????

compmanio365

imported post

Hmm.....been looking for something to compliment my collection......looked at a Taurus .45 1911 lookalike the other day.....don't remember the model, but it was nice. Really looking for something compact enough to conceal if I need to, hence the reason for looking for something other than my full size .45 in the first place.....would like a larger caliber, but could be a 9mm if it would be easily concealable. And $550 or less.....any ideas? :)

UTOC-45-44

imported post

Will get a S&W 637 .38 +P for my wife on the 28th:celebrate,her birthday is on the 24th.

(and maybe a 329PD for myself...scchhh...don't tell her...:lol:...:monkey)

AbNo

imported post

Buy it, give her the receipt (maybe take her to the store to look at it, if you 're both good friends with your dealers), and pick it up on Tuesday? :celebrate