• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The "Jesse Jackson" Gun

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
Hmm.....been looking for something to compliment my collection......looked at a Taurus .45 1911 lookalike the other day.....don't remember the model, but it was nice. Really looking for something compact enough to conceal if I need to, hence the reason for looking for something other than my full size .45 in the first place.....would like a larger caliber, but could be a 9mm if it would be easily concealable. And $550 or less.....any ideas? :)
Well, my Bersa Thunder .45 (once I found one) is under $400. 3.6" barrel.

hogleg

imported post

:celebrate Yeah Aug 28th!Two for one. Aug 28th is the day in MO you no longer need permission to buy a handgun from the sheriff........

One for Jessie, one for the Sheriff. Now I need another job!

I am thinking Ruger Alaskan.44 magnum and maybe a .40 M&P

UTOC-45-44

imported post

hogleg wrote:
:celebrate Yeah Aug 28th!Two for one. Aug 28th is the day in MO you no longer need permission to buy a handgun from the sheriff........

One for Jessie, one for the Sheriff. Now I need another job!

I am thinking Ruger Alaskan.44 magnum and maybe a .40 M&P

This is what I'm looking to buy:celebrate...:what:...

http://www.gunshopfinder.com/smithandwesson/smithandwesson329PD.asp

[align=center] [/align]
SMITH AND WESSON MODEL 329PD REVOLVER

[align=center]
model329PD.jpg
[/align]
Specifications

Caliber: .44 Magnum®/.44 S&W Special
Capacity: 6 Rounds
Barrel Length: 4"
Front Sight: "Light Gathering" HIVIZ® Orange Dot
Rear Sight: Adjustable V-Notch
Firing System: N/A
Grip: Ahrends Finger Groove Wood & Hogue Sq. Butt Rubber
Trigger: N/A
Hammer: N/A
External Safety: N/A
Frame: Large
Finish: Matte Black
Overall length: 9-1/2"
Material: Scandium Frame, Stainless Steel Barrel, Titanium Cylinder
Weight Empty: 26 ounces

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ain't this a Beaut.

It's right out SEXY. I am getting RELLY EXCITED.

This is as close to a sexuall experince (other than sex itself) that I will ever get.

compmanio365

imported post

Looking at getting this, thanks for the recommendation of Bersa :D

Now if I can just find someone in my area who has one, so I don't have to order one online and wait for it to get here.......

DisplayPic.aspx

http://www.bersapistols.com/item/56247_Bersa_Hand_Guns_Pistols__Thunder_9MM_UC_-_Se.aspx

Bersa
Product ID: 56247
Our Price: $282.03
Bersa Thunder 9MM UC - Semi-Auto, Double Action, Ultra Compact, 3.25" barrel, Alloy, Matte Blue, Polymer Grip, 1 13rd Mag included, Fired Case, Fixed Sights

Bersa Thunder 9 Ultra Compact. Semi-automatic, Double action, 9MM. 3.25" barrel. Alloy frame. Matte blue finish. Polymer grip. 1 13-round magazine included. Fired case. Fixed sights.

Bersa's sleek ultra compact design is ideal for concealed carry, law enforcement, and security. Built from the ground up, the ultra compact design maintains controllability and accuracy even under the toughest conditions. Loaded with custom features at a price that crushes the competition, this all new Bersa Thunder is a winner!

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
Looking at getting this, thanks for the recommendation of Bersa :D

Now if I can just find someone in my area who has one, so I don't have to order one online and wait for it to get here.......

DisplayPic.aspx

http://www.bersapistols.com/item/56247_Bersa_Hand_Guns_Pistols__Thunder_9MM_UC_-_Se.aspx

Bersa
Product ID: 56247
Our Price: $282.03
Bersa Thunder 9MM UC - Semi-Auto, Double Action, Ultra Compact, 3.25" barrel, Alloy, Matte Blue, Polymer Grip, 1 13rd Mag included, Fired Case, Fixed Sights

Bersa Thunder 9 Ultra Compact. Semi-automatic, Double action, 9MM. 3.25" barrel. Alloy frame. Matte blue finish. Polymer grip. 1 13-round magazine included. Fired case. Fixed sights.

Bersa's sleek ultra compact design is ideal for concealed carry, law enforcement, and security. Built from the ground up, the ultra compact design maintains controllability and accuracy even under the toughest conditions. Loaded with custom features at a price that crushes the competition, this all new Bersa Thunder is a winner!

I think you'll love it. Since I already had the .380 and the 40 from Bersa, I got the 9mm a couple of weeks ago. Really sweet gun. And that's an excellent price.

compmanio365

imported post

Yeah, I need to shop around here in town to see if I could get it this weekend (doesn't HAVE to be on the 28th....does it? I can't wait that long!! :D).....

Otherwise I will see who has the cheapest FFL transfer fee and have them ship it to that shop here in town.....darn not being able to get the thing sent to you directly.......*grumble*

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

compmanio365 wrote:
Yeah, I need to shop around here in town to see if I could get it this weekend (doesn't HAVE to be on the 28th....does it? I can't wait that long!! :D).....

Otherwise I will see who has the cheapest FFL transfer fee and have them ship it to that shop here in town.....darn not being able to get the thing sent to you directly.......*grumble*

I have the Bersa .45 waiting for me at Guns & Ammo Warehouse. I've been looking for this gun for over six months.

But it means something to be to be able to write the check on the 28th, and do the paperwork on the 28th, so I'm holding out. It helps that I bought two a couple of weeks ago - helped stave off the pangs.. :lol:

Keepandbear

imported post

Thanks to all for joining me in this mini-cause and to those who helped spread the word. I agree with others, that we should declare all of August to be Jesse Jackson Gun Month. Personally I'm thinking of buying a JJ-Frame(Jesse Jackson-Frame:D) revolver. Now whatto buy....hmmm.....I promise I'll let you know!

Best Regards,

KenBayes

compmanio365

imported post

OK.....I admit it, I couldn't wait any longer! I went out this weekend, and nobody had any Bersa's of any kind! But I did lay eyes on this beauty, and it was less expensive as well......

pf9_pic01.gif

Kel-Tec PF-9, 9mm, 7+1 capacity, DAO, accessory rail, .88" wide........and all for only $250 (that includes 2 holsters, OWB and IWB). I took it out to the range this Sunday, and it works beautifully. :monkey

I'm very happy with it, and it WAS in August........:quirky

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Glad you like the PF9. My husband has one, and neither of us is very fond of it. Glad to know it's just a case of misfit.

Particle

imported post

I wish I had more money for more guns. I already bought a Bushmaster Carbon 15 Type 21S this month, and I'm currently unemployed. It's hard enough to scrape up enough for a couple magazines of ammo here and there. heh Does early August still count?

I'd like to get a CZ 75 Compact, but that'll have to wait. :)

radwood

imported post

Well, I just bought a USP .40 Compact and a Garand, and I'm introducing two newbies to shooting this week. Maybe I can pick up a few cases of ammo that day. You can never have enough ammo, unless you tell the public: "You have how much? 50 ROUNDS?! Are you going to kill people?" :banghead:

Particle

imported post

50 rounds? lol You can't be serious that people think that's a lot. Surely not.

Heck, it takes about 200 rounds just to have a little fun.

AbNo

imported post

I picked up 1400 rounds of ammo last week. (most of it .22)

"Governor" Kaine must've had many sleepless nights lying sweating in his bed... :lol:

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Please take a look at http://amcit.wordpress.com I've posted my letter to Jesse Jackson.

Now, how do I get wide dissemination for it?

Better yet, a contact point for Jackson himself. That is probably well beyond my hopes.