• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I talked to a unicorn today

C

ccloud43

imported post

I stopped at the Bumble Bee Gas Station on my way home from work and saw a man OC'ing in what I thought was an unusual looking holster. I struck up a conversation with the gentleman while he was getting gas. He told me it was a SOB holster but he prefers to wear it on his side at the 3:00 position. He didnt seem to feel like talking much so I left it at that and came home.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

The only problem with SOB carry, is that it can be almost impossible to draw if you are seated, or if you wind up on your back for any reason. Also, it can be uncomfortable when seated. You also have to be a lot more careful about profiling if you are worried about keeping it concealed.

Regards

echo6tango

imported post

Wait a freaking minute...some guy was pumping gas with a gun on his hip?! What the heck is this country coming to? People think that they can just exercise their rights wherever the heck they want to these days :D. One day I'll be able to stop at a gas station while exercising my rights...maybe if I leave this state first :cry:

He may not have felt like talking if he believed he was about to be given the third degree for being such a danger to his community by carrying. I would definitely be even more on guard should someone start asking me questions...Now if someone started off the conversation with a secret pass phrase like "OCDO" I would be like, hey, echo6tango here...where's the picnic, wanna go to the range...I'll buy the ammo? :D

C

ccloud43

imported post

Hawk I agree if he was carring at 6:00, but he was at 3:00. It looked pretty easy to draw from there.

Echo, I did tell the man that I OC'd and I thought that his carry options were interesting and wanted to know what kind of holster it was so i could go get one. He know after that I was not an anti and no threat to him. If i had not just come from work I would have been OC'ing, but im still working on that one with the upper level management:banghead:. Ishould have mentioned OCDO, but like i said he didnt seem to want to talk. I guess I will get some cards made up in case this happens again i can just give them a card.

echo6tango

imported post

ccloud43 wrote:
Hawk I agree if he was carring at 6:00, but he was at 3:00. It looked pretty easy to draw from there.

Echo, I did tell the man that I OC'd and I thought that his carry options were interesting and wanted to know what kind of holster it was so i could go get one. He know after that I was not an anti and no threat to him. If i had not just come from work I would have been OC'ing, but im still working on that one with the upper level management:banghead:. Ishould have mentioned OCDO, but like i said he didnt seem to want to talk. I guess I will get some cards made up in case this happens again i can just give them a card.
I've gotthe same issue with upper level management...unfortunately for me, my management if the Federal Governement :?.