• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Beaver Stadium

LGB

imported post

It's a common misconception that PSU is a state school. I thought the same thing until I was corrected. It is not a member of the Pennsylvania state system of higher education. It does receive some state money but is a private school.

http://www.passhe.edu/content/?/universities

apjonas

imported post

I'd call it a hybrid. Note the following from Pennsylvania Act 55 of 1997.

(B) REAL PROPERTY.-- All real property owned by state-related universitities, or owned by the commonwealth and used by a state-related university, is and shall be deemed public property for purposes of the constitution of Pennsylvania and laws of this commonweatlh relating to the assessment, taxation, and exemption of real estate and shall be exempt from all state and local taxation when actually and regularly used for public purposes.

There are four "state-related" universities. Penn State, Pitt, Temple, and Lincoln U. An example of a private universityis the University of Pennsylvania (Penn).