• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Packing.org

police340

imported post

Anyone know what happened to packing.org? I have tried to access it for last week with no luck. Thanks,. Bill

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

packing.org has a history of going down periodically. Days at a time, sometimes.

police340

imported post

Thanks much Hank. I do seem to remember that fro a few years ago but have not been on in ages. Open Carry is a great site too!

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

Maybe they need to start paying their bills on time :lol:

By the way, I am curious, does OCDO take donations, either solicited or unsolicited?

joeroket

imported post

well seeing as how niether of his DNS servers are responding, they both may actually be the same server as his website is on, it would appear to me that he did not pay his bill. This is very common in the web hosting biz to get the twice yearly non payers. I have to suspend about 4 or so accounts a month for non payment. It's amazing how fast they usually pay when thier website does not work even after giving them 2 weeks of warnings.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

The info on PDO has become so out of date its probably good that its not there to give people the wrong info.

police340

imported post

What is PDO? And I think packing.org had a great site. where else can you get the information in one place? I do imagine it gets expensive to keep it update and current and as someone questioned, maybe they should be taking donations or charging a slight membership fee? Any ideas?

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Packing Dot Org, it was a great site, maybe the one of the best ever. Compared to the way it was in 2004 it is a shodow of its former glory.

police340

imported post

I guess the question now is where can we get the concise information we need about concealed carry in different states without having to visit each states webpage?

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

AbNo wrote:
openryan wrote:
By the way, I am curious, does OCDO take donations, either solicited or unsolicited?

Seconded. :celebrate

Any maybe we could make an infomercial like the one for save the children.

It can start off with one of us talking as a train passes in front of us, then bam, you see a bunch of unarmed citizens, who cannot protect themselves...