Thread: Superior License ?

Post imported post

Do you think a firearm license which allows both open and concealed carry to be superior to one which just allows concealed carry ?

Post imported post

I believe the second amendment is the supreme law of the land and allows for both, without government oversight. Article 6.

State Researcher
    Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA

Post imported post

Shawn wrote:
    I believe the second amendment is the supreme law of the land and allows for both, without government oversight. Article 6.
    Good answer.

Post imported post

I agree with what you say but next time instead of renewing my license when it expires I'll just start carrying everywhere and just quote the second ammendment befor getting hauled off to jail.

State Researcher

Post imported post

JMJ2 wrote:
    Do you think a firearm license which allows both open and concealed carry to be superior to one which just allows concealed carry ?
    I prefer the former. Like everyone says (referring to firearms) "better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

I believe you can apply the same logic here.

Being able to be versatile is almost always an advantage to you.

Post imported post

I think a state that allows both with no license is best of all...but that doesn't allow many options.

Of course, there's that whole pesky bit with"shall not be infringed," but that pretty much gets thrown out the window these days.

I guess you take what you can get.

State Researcher

Post imported post

Drewesque wrote:
    I think a state that allows both with no license is best of all...but that doesn't allow many options.

Of course, there's that whole pesky bit with"shall not be infringed," but that pretty much gets thrown out the window these days.

I guess you take what you can get.
    Even if the state allows OC without a permit/license it may be beneficial to obtain one if you get reciprocity in another state.

Post imported post

JMJ2 wrote:
    I agree with what you say but next time instead of renewing my license when it expires I'll just start carrying everywhere and just quote the second ammendment befor getting hauled off to jail.
    Uh...that works here in NM. Well, actually the NM State Constitution ALSO has its' own version of the 2nd Amendment, and that is what is considered the legal o.k. for OC in NM.

In any event you do NOT need a license to OC here in NM.

Post imported post

I am not sure exactly what you are getting at by 'superior'. One that allows both is certainly better, more options.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

Maybe the question is referring to the fact that some states require a license for both, while others allow OC without a license?
    In which case, the question becomes one of wondering whether there should be differing standards, perhaps. Or it becomes a question of whether OC should require a license.
    Or maybe I'm reading too much into this.