• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Superior License ?

Article1section23

imported post

I believe the second amendment is the supreme law of the land and allows for both, without government oversight. Article 6.

JMJ2

imported post

I agree with what you say but next time instead of renewing my license when it expires I'll just start carrying everywhere and just quote the second ammendment befor getting hauled off to jail.

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

JMJ2 wrote:
Do you think a firearm license which allows both open and concealed carry to be superior to one which just allows concealed carry ?
I prefer the former. Like everyone says (referring to firearms) "better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

I believe you can apply the same logic here.

Being able to be versatile is almost always an advantage to you.

Drewesque

imported post

I think a state that allows both with no license is best of all...but that doesn't allow many options.

Of course, there's that whole pesky bit with"shall not be infringed," but that pretty much gets thrown out the window these days.

I guess you take what you can get.

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

Drewesque wrote:
I think a state that allows both with no license is best of all...but that doesn't allow many options.

Of course, there's that whole pesky bit with"shall not be infringed," but that pretty much gets thrown out the window these days.

I guess you take what you can get.
Even if the state allows OC without a permit/license it may be beneficial to obtain one if you get reciprocity in another state.

para_org

imported post

JMJ2 wrote:
I agree with what you say but next time instead of renewing my license when it expires I'll just start carrying everywhere and just quote the second ammendment befor getting hauled off to jail.
Uh...that works here in NM. Well, actually the NM State Constitution ALSO has its' own version of the 2nd Amendment, and that is what is considered the legal o.k. for OC in NM.

In any event you do NOT need a license to OC here in NM.

Drewesque

imported post

[align=left]Maybe the question is referring to the fact that some states require a license for both, while others allow OC without a license?
In which case, the question becomes one of wondering whether there should be differing standards, perhaps. Or it becomes a question of whether OC should require a license.
Or maybe I'm reading too much into this.
[/align]