• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Federal Self Defense Bill

nickerj1

imported post

I was searching for some Maryland case law on duty to inform an intruder you're about to fire when I found this gem.

A federal self defense bill that states, "To protect the right to obtain firearms for security, and to use firearms in defense of self, family, or home, and to provide for the enforcement of such right."

The wording is kinda weird in my opinion, like what's the "right to obtain"?

Blog where I found it:
http://armsandthelaw.com/archives/2007/01/federal_self_de.php

Fed Bill track:
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h110-73

dng

State Researcher
imported post

This bill has about the same chances as Micheal Moore has with Jessica Alba... Wait, that wasn't nice... I'm really REALLY sorry. And I mean that sincerely. (not the sorry thing, the statement before that)

.40 Cal

State Researcher
imported post

michael_moore1.jpg
+
jessica-alba-wallpapers-1.jpg
=
thing.jpg

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

The bill itself makes some legitimate points. There definately could be some changes made, but overall, I like it.

I would think any reasonable person could see the positives of this... I guess there aren't too many reasonable people:?