Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This security guard failed.

Post imported post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAT5iAJGEcc

I would have fired this guard on the spot.

Post imported post

What crook would let the guard keep the gun? And walk away with it?

Can't be a real situation.

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

If if is real, and I am going to assume it is, 'ole Opra there is about as useful as the proverbial things on a boarhog.

In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

State Researcher

Post imported post

Wow, I mean he kind of had her beat when he walked in, so she couldn't draw, but she should have at least walked outside when the guy left, looks like she went to go hide again.

She should be dead, or fired.

Founder's Club Member Hawkflyer's Avatar

Post imported post

I worked a case like this once, and it turned out the guard was in on the robbery. I wonder if ...
    "Research has shown that a 230 grain lead pellet placed just behind the ear at 850 FPS results in a permanent cure for violent criminal behavior."
    "If you are not getting Flak, you are not over the target"
    "186,000 Miles per second! ... Not just a good idea ... It's the law!"

Post imported post

She should have either been in a discrete location towards the back of the store, watching the front, or out front waiting for people to enter. The presence of a guard will detour a high percentage of crooks to think twice before robbing the place.
    Remember, bad guys really do want an easy robbery that doesn't involve murder.

Aside from that, the guard was BSing with the patrons and employee, completely ignoring the front door, a.k.a screwing around and wasting company money.

When the guy approached the door with a hood on, she should have switched to condition orange and bordering red. Nonetheless, when he walked up her hand should have been on her weapon and ready to unclick the retention strap and draw.

Some guards carry weapons only because they are required to. Some are even unloaded or in a locked bag on their person. Those types are wasted pieces of garbage that serve as much purpose as a pistol with no ammo or a dick that don't work.

I agree, Ryan.

I posted this as an example of how blind people are. I hope everyone on this forum practices retention, drawing, firing, and the cooper color codes as often as possible.

Post imported post

Inside job. While planning this thing, one of them was bright enough to realize Bubba might pick up her gun and shoot the dirt bag.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
    If if is real, and I am going to assume it is, 'ole Opra there is about as useful as the proverbial things on a boarhog.
    "Opra?"

You know her name, SouthernBoy? That's amazing. :shock:

Bravo_Sierra wrote:
    I posted this as an example of how blind people are. I hope everyone on this forum practices retention, drawing, firing, and the cooper color codes as often as possible.
    I think you might be disappointed. Although the level of awareness and preparedness of members of this forum must be muchhigher than average, just like with security guards there must be variation in performance among this group.

"Everyone" here isnot going to perform better than that incompetent security guard in the video. Some would, of course, perform worse.

I agree completely that awareness, preparedness and practice are the keys to survival. Also, paying at the pump is a good tactic.

Post imported post

Yeah... I guess "You can wish in one hand and crap in the other..." is a good anology to live by.

Post imported post

Hello all! I am new to this site but have to chime in here. I work for a security co. in the poconos and supervise the armed guards at several accounts. I agree her performance & positioning is very poor. But with security companies things never change. The pay is fairly low. Certainly not enough to keep a family on and there is a shortage of armed guards.

Being in my position I have site obligations to meet and have to take whoever the parent co. sends me and at least try them out. I keep my best guards for the long term contract sites and put guards I am unsure of at low profile, undesirable sites like fast food stores, gas stations. Maybe another supervisor like myself dealing with this frustration put her there.

Most guards I know have never heard of Coopers color codes or the Tueller Drill. Did I spell that right? In PA. they can go five years without having to re qualify. The best guards I have are people who have always had an interest in firearms, selfdefense & law enforcement and are not doing it for the money. These guys use it as a hobby that at least pays for itself. These are the guards that appreciate all of the articles and instructional videos I keep at my main office.

If any of you live in the poconos , especially Luzerne, Carbon or Monroe counties and want to know more about guard work P,M, me. The good guards work the private communities where you will do traffic stops, radar, issue lots of civil penalties, pepper spray drunk Nascar fans and have some fun playing wannabe while providing a service to a community. It is as close to being a municipal cop as you can get. All the while fullfilling the OPEN CARRY fetish.

p.s About two years ago out of frustration I recruited my wife. Nothing looks as good as a woman in a glock with full duty rig.

Post imported post

I must ask:

What is the purpose of an unarmed 'security guard'?

I was at Target last night, and there was a 'security guard' in a uniform and all. He had a little shiny badge and stuff. But no weapons. None. How does he expect to 'secure' anything?

Same thing at another grocery store.

I just don't get it. I wouldn't ever work as a security guard without a weapon. Talk about being a prime target without being able to fight back....

State Researcher

Post imported post

In my parents subdivision it is a private golf course community, they have these types of gaurds, I lived with them for 17 years there, the guards at the beginning were armed, then about 10 years ago, they switched to unarmed.

They do traffice stops, although they have attempted to stop me several times, never do I stop as this is the biggest ******** front I have ever seen, these people are a joke. I wouldn't let them gaurd my toilet.

The companies used in order were ISM Security, then Initial Security, and now Midwest, personally I think ISM was the best, and they were armed 24/7.

You should see the kind of people work for them, they get to drive a little 'rover' around the subdivision which covers two towns, and they get red and blue lights just like the real police, these people have a hard on for power, not all, but a lot of them do, and that is what gets these people in trouble, from most of what I have seen gaurds are not paid enough and don't care, or they are barney fife and are on the biggest power trip of their lives.

Post imported post

The Purpose of an unarmed guard is primarily to be eyes & ears if something happens. If the unarmed guy gets any kind of hassle his/her instructions are to call local pd. They are strictly a deterrent. Good armed guards can and do make a difference, problem is they are few and far between.In large private communities we are the first on scene for all types of calls. The PSP call us for all alarms, 911 hang-ups, and even for 10-40 (domestics) to check things out and call them back.

The PSP do not patrol the communities & They cant enforce vehicle code on private property. Thats where we come in. As far as the state is concerned a 14 year old can drive an unregistered, uninsured vehicle on our roads. Without the armed guard presence as a deterrent these communities would be a gated free for all.

State Researcher

Post imported post

IDA77 wrote:
    The Purpose of an unarmed guard is primarily to be eyes & ears if something happens. If the unarmed guy gets any kind of hassle his/her instructions are to call local pd. They are strictly a deterrent. Good armed guards can and do make a difference, problem is they are few and far between.In large private communities we are the first on scene for all types of calls. The PSP call us for all alarms, 911 hang-ups, and even for 10-40 (domestics) to check things out and call them back.

The PSP do not patrol the communities & They cant enforce vehicle code on private property. Thats where we come in. As far as the state is concerned a 14 year old can drive an unregistered, uninsured vehicle on our roads. Without the armed guard presence as a deterrent these communities would be a gated free for all.
    Yes, as it was explained to me by the Police, they can only enfore felonies inside of a private community -- any insight on this?

I was coming home from college one night and was being followed into the community by my girlfriends exboyfriend, I stopped he got out of his car in a fit of rage, he chased me upwards of 55 mph in a 25 mph zone, the police came and told him to beat it, and gave a temporary restraining order, but that was it.

I ended up going in circles while he followed me until the police met me at the entrance.

State Researcher

Post imported post

Just thought of this as well.

In the case of moving violations that the security is to 'enforce', where my parents live they have radar, but if you run, and say for some reason they don't get your plate, there is not much they can do is there?

I mean I am sure they could call the police but the police couldn't enfore it even if they had video evidence I am assuming.

Post imported post

This is a good example of no matter what the reason (or profession). If you are going to carry OC,CC you need to be alert at all times. Get caught unawares OC and you could loose more than just your weapon. As a security guard you are most likely there due to recent holdups. You would think that would be taken seriously.

Post imported post

IDA77 wrote:
    Hello all! I am new to this site but have to chime in here. I work for a security co. in the poconos and supervise the armed guards at several accounts. I agree her performance & positioning is very poor. But with security companies things never change. The pay is fairly low. Certainly not enough to keep a family on and there is a shortage of armed guards.

Being in my position I have site obligations to meet and have to take whoever the parent co. sends me and at least try them out. I keep my best guards for the long term contract sites and put guards I am unsure of at low profile, undesirable sites like fast food stores, gas stations. Maybe another supervisor like myself dealing with this frustration put her there.

Most guards I know have never heard of Coopers color codes or the Tueller Drill. Did I spell that right? In PA. they can go five years without having to re qualify. The best guards I have are people who have always had an interest in firearms, selfdefense & law enforcement and are not doing it for the money. These guys use it as a hobby that at least pays for itself. These are the guards that appreciate all of the articles and instructional videos I keep at my main office.

If any of you live in the poconos , especially Luzerne, Carbon or Monroe counties and want to know more about guard work P,M, me. The good guards work the private communities where you will do traffic stops, radar, issue lots of civil penalties, pepper spray drunk Nascar fans and have some fun playing wannabe while providing a service to a community. It is as close to being a municipal cop as you can get. All the while fullfilling the OPEN CARRY fetish.

p.s About two years ago out of frustration I recruited my wife. Nothing looks as good as a woman in a glock with full duty rig.

IDA77, I'm a security guard, and I agree on all counts.

ProguninTN

Post imported post

i agree the guy already had the gun in hand it looks like not much she could do.. dunno what i would have done it's hard to suggest drawing at that distance where you can't make contact with the attacker but they are close enough not to actually need ot aim to hit you, trying to draw would probably get you killed..

i guess i'd rather be fired then dead on this one.

Post imported post

Dunno, Screams "Inside Job" to me...

Post imported post

Looks like typical St. Louis to me ... big and slow security guard, fast gangbanger looking/acting robber, innocent clerk and customer in the middle. She looks like a lot of the TSA screeners at Lambert Airport but moves a little faster. :shock:
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

at one point the BG aimed his gun downward for approx 20-30 seconds and i thought maybe the guard could of drawn and fired but then again...he had the upper hand

:?

Post imported post

I'm thinking that security guard's job was to be there as a deterent, period. She appeared to be standing around in condition white and was nonchalant when the robbery occured.

Edit: Spelling
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

although i agree she was'nt real alert the guy already had the gun in his hand before he entred and she could not see outside.. it's really easy to sit at home and say well she should have seen it coming but if i walk up on you (remember she only had about 8 feet to the door) and have the gun already in hand you think you could draw on me and win?

i doubt it.

Independence, and Kansas City, Missouri, USA

Post imported post

Joe Sixpack wrote:
    although i agree she was'nt real alert the guy already had the gun in his hand before he entred and she could not see outside.. it's really easy to sit at home and say well she should have seen it coming but if i walk up on you (remember she only had about 8 feet to the door) and have the gun already in hand you think you could draw on me and win?

i doubt it.
    I agree she didn't have much time, but the key thing to me is she didn't even seem to be trying to be profesional. She appears to be the kind of security gaurd that is there simply for looks as opposed to functionality. I stop at a QT almost everynight on my way home and they have an oustanding officer there who does things properly, by walking around and never standing in the same spot. HE also never gets caught up in conversations with the customers allowing himself to be sidetracked. had she not been standing right at the counter acting like it was just another day at work, perhaps she could have been more effective....???

Post imported post

Joe Sixpack wrote:

i doubt it.
    The camera could see outside and I think it likely that she could have seen out through the window. I"m not saying that she could have drawn down on the guy once he pointed the gun, or that she should have tried. However, I also don't find it acceptable, if I were the business owner, that she was leaning against a wall in condition white when it went down. Obviously the owner was wasting money employing her. Not very professional as mmdk said.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast