• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Maybe if we would ban guns...

dng

State Researcher
imported post

http://www.10tv.com/?sec=news&story=sites/10tv/content/pool/200707/1522871600.html

Man Beaten With Brick Outside Home

Jul 30 2007 8:33AM

News_BrickBeating_160.jpg
COLUMBUS, Ohio -
Police were searchingfor four people responsible for beating and severely injuring a man with a brick on Saturday.

George Yerian, 49,told 10TV he was standing onOgden Avenuein west Columbus when four men walked up to him and may have been trying to rob him.

[align=center]SLIDESHOW: Images From Case[/align]
One of the men then hit him with a brick and another fired a gun several times into a truck, Yerian said.

"The one pointed a gun right at me and the other said no, and they ran off," Yerian said.

Police were investigating a motive and said the men could face felony assault charges.

I would have a way to defend myself from now on! It sounds like this guy is lucky this didn't turn out worse.

DrewGunner

imported post

I'm with Jesse on this one! Look guys, bricks are bad, thats all there is to it.

:banghead: <--- hahaha, no pun intended.

Attachments

• jesse and bricks.jpg
    jesse and bricks.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 135

unrequited

imported post

Bravo_Sierra wrote:
I have no remorse for stupid people who think they don't need to carry a weapon.
I do... people are conditioned to feel safe thanks to groups like the Brady Bunch & Gal-queda. Kids are indoctrinated by their parents that the right to self-defense solely entails calling 911 with your cell phone and running. So it's no surprise that adults carry with them the same mentality, shunning their own responsibility for personal self-defense for naivette and "feeling safe".

dng

State Researcher
imported post

unrequited wrote:
Bravo_Sierra wrote:
I have no remorse for stupid people who think they don't need to carry a weapon.
I do... people are conditioned to feel safe thanks to groups like the Brady Bunch & Gal-queda. Kids are indoctrinated by their parents that the right to self-defense solely entails calling 911 with your cell phone and running. So it's no surprise that adults carry with them the same mentality, shunning their own responsibility for personal self-defense for naivette and "feeling safe".
Exactly! Kids are likely to grow up to become the kind of people their parents are. Not true in every case, but it is true much of the time. People's lack of responsibility for their own safety can be traced back as far as when they were little kids and their parents don't make them clean up their toys when they're done playing. Seems like a small thing, but it can be the first domino to fall in a long line possibly ending with a lazy, unemployed, and irresponsible "adult" It's just a natural course of events and their responsibility for their own safety just happens to be part of that. Of course, groups like the Brady bunch do "help" that mentality quite a bit like unrequited said.