• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Coming in from Texas

razoraggie

imported post

My wife and I are coming in from Texas to visit family next week. I used to live in TN and obtained my first carry permit there. I would LOVE to find some info as to carrying in restraunts that serve alcohol. It used to be you could carry as long as the liquor sales were 51% of the business sales or less. Is that still the and if so can some one point me out to it in "law form"? I'm just concerned that it has changed to be prohibited anywhere that serves for onsite consumption. The reason for asking is that we anticipate going down Beale and I used to be able to carry there as long as we were not in a "Bar"(51% or higher liquor sales). Again..any insight would be most helpful in this matter. Thanks in advance.

falcon1

imported post

Unfortunately, Tennessee law does not currently allow any form of carry, open or concealed, in any establishment that serves alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises. There is a State Attorney General Opinion to the effect that those places which serve only beer with a 5% or less alcohol content for consumption on premises would not be considered a no-carry establishment, but to my knowledge the interpretation has never been tested in court.

Sorry for the bad news on this issue, but I hope you enjoy your visit to Tennessee.

Be safe!

razoraggie

imported post

Thanks for the information and no I do not intend toprovoke the AG's office with a test of what is 5% content with beer :lol:.

It will be nice to be a little more relaxed with not having to be completely "concealed" as Texas is a concealed only carry state. Looks like I don't have to pack every Hawaiian shirt I have :D. I'm looking forward to having some good'ol pork shoulder too! Beats a brisket anyday hands-down!

Kingfish

imported post

Yea, it sucks. I choose my restaurants based on alcohol served. Of course there are times, where I just leave the holster on and the gun stays in the car.