• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tidewater August OC Dinner

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I thought we decided at the dinner that we'd skip August since there's already the VCDL meeting on the 22nd and the Norfolk City Council meeting/ream-out on the 28th. Each could have "fellowship time" afterward.

And Ron, weren't you thinking out loud about a big cook-out at your place in September? You mentioned you have a really big back yard! I can bring some venison chili made with locally harvested venison!

(This is how the Peninsula folks make their plans):celebrate

heh heh heh...

Bubba Ron

imported post

Dutch Uncle wrote:
I thought we decided at the dinner that we'd skip August since there's already the VCDL meeting on the 22nd and the Norfolk City Council meeting/ream-out on the 28th. Each could have "fellowship time" afterward.
I must have missed that part :?I thought I heard something about a diner up on Rt. 17.
And Ron, weren't you thinking out loud about a big cook-out at your place in September? You mentioned you have a really big back yard! I can bring some venison chili made with locally harvested venison!
Yea we discussed it, but it might not be in September - we have a very large elderly dog to care for right now - we'll be able tohave a cook-out after he's no longer with us :cry:
This is how the Peninsula folks make their plans):celebrate

heh heh heh...
Man, I 've got to be more careful around you ;)

vtme_grad98

imported post

Dutch Uncle wrote:

(This is how the Peninsula folks make their plans):celebrate

heh heh heh...
Where is this meeting on the 22nd? I was looking at the past few VCDL alerts, and the meeting link on at vcdl.org, and I can't find anything about it.

Bubba Ron

imported post

vtme_grad98 wrote:
Where is this meeting on the 22nd? I was looking at the past few VCDL alerts, and the meeting link on at vcdl.org, and I can't find anything about it.
We going to have a VCDL meeting at the Norfolk County Rifle Range in the Bowers Hill area of Chesapeake on Wednesday, August 22nd, from 7 to 8:30 PM! See http://www.ncrr.net for directions. It is not the easiest place to find, it is on South Military Highway. I've attached a map.

You may also park in the adjacent hotel parking lot and walk over to NCRR.

Attachments

• NCRR location.jpg
    NCRR location.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 273

vtme_grad98

imported post

You aren't kidding about it being hard to find. I went to the last one there, and it took me 2 or 3 passes to finally recognize the turnoff in the dark.

Bubba Ron

imported post

Are we really going to wait 3 weeks before we all get together for dinner again??? If there's no interest on the peninsula for a dining out until the meeting on the 22nd, we should have another one southside on August 8th or 9th....maybe go to Primo's or the Hickory Grill again -great food - anybody interested???

Bubba Ron

imported post

We'lldo our bestto attend any and all dining outs in Tidewater- today I found out I have to go to the Submarine Base in Groton, CT on Monday the 6th, I should be back home on Wednesday the 8thby 5:00 pm. I'll keep an eye on OCDO, just post where and when and we''ll attend.

C

ccloud43

imported post

Yeah Kimber pick us a place up north and we will be there

kimbercarrier

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I can make it on wendesday the 8th, have to work on the 9th. If everyone is up to it theres an italian resturant that will acommadate us if we gve them a few days notice.
We could also go to golden corral.

C

ccloud43

imported post

I could always do some pasta. I'm up for Italian, maybe i'll order pizza this time:lol:

Bubba Ron

imported post

ccloud43 wrote:
I could always do some pasta. I'm up for Italian, maybe i'll order pizza this time:lol:
I'll bring the bibs, I mean shirts....that is IF my flights are on time....I get back around 5:00 pm on the 8th. Just post where and when....

C

ccloud43

imported post

OMG they have a Hogie Pizza, and the place is called Vinny's! Kimber YOU are the MAN:celebrateI will crawl over broken glass to be there:uhoh:. Now where the heck is J Clyde Morris BLVD...:lol::lol::lol:

Man, I went back thinking there were directions and I saw the rest of the menu. I'm gonna have to take out a 2nd mtg for this dinner. :cuss:

SicSemperTyrannis

imported post

Vinny's is GREAT. They are a local chain, I have open carried at several of the Richmond area locations dozens of times (without incident, and twice I received compliments from employees) and the food is GREAT. The service is good, too. I have open carried at the Short Pump and the Glen Allen/Virginia Center Commons locations. Great choice!