• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tidewater August OC Dinner

kimbercarrier

Campaign Veteran
imported post

J clyde Morris blvd is also known as Rt 17 and George Washington memrial hwy. I 64 crosses it . Take 64 west to Newport News take the second exit to rt 17. It's on the left next to a taco bell/kfc, it's an old pizzahut thats tan with a grass roof.

Bubba Ron

imported post

kimbercarrier wrote:
J clyde Morris blvd is also known as Rt 17 and George Washington memrial hwy. I 64 crosses it . Take 64 west to Newport News take the second exit to rt 17. It's on the left next to a taco bell/kfc, it's an old pizzahut thats tan with a grass roof.
Hey buddy, the second Rt. 17 exit going West on I-64is Exit 258A.

D

Desertdoc

imported post

So yea.. I know.. i suck! i havent been around for the last month or so and im sorry. Alot of personal BS has been going on around here and i have had to put OCDO on hold for alittle. Looks like i will miss this one too. Tuesdays and Thursdays or the only days off i have for alittle. Then again im not sure how long i will even be in this fine gun loving state. I will however be at the city hall meeting on the 28th. Already told the bosses that i WILL not be at work.

Bubba Ron

imported post

Desertdoc wrote:
So yea.. I know.. i suck! i havent been around for the last month or so and im sorry. Alot of personal BS has been going on around here and i have had to put OCDO on hold for alittle. Looks like i will miss this one too. Tuesdays and Thursdays or the only days off i have for alittle. Then again im not sure how long i will even be in this fine gun loving state. I will however be at the city hall meeting on the 28th. Already told the bosses that i WILL not be at work.
Hi John, it's good to "see" your "voice" again!!!We promise to stop doing "sprinkles" jokes, will that help get you back to our dining outs??? It's really too quite without you being there :). Take care buddy, we hope to really see you soon....

Edited to add: We also have a VCDL meeting coming up on Tuesday - oops I just checked, its Wednesday the 22nd at NCRR :(.

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Dammit, John, you better not leave. If you do, I'll be the only tobacco-chewing yahoo left in the group!

(I gotta admit, I WAS grossed out the time you levered your cud out with your finger before we went into the Cracker Barrell!)

Renegade

imported post

OK fellas - made a few calls to a few other friends...a few of us will be joining everyone at 1900.

Maybe I can drag the wife with me for once! :)

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

This was our 1 year anniversary dinner, and I counted 18 people tonight. Renegade brought his wife and 2 friends, and we had GLOCK.45 Guy with his wife, and DrMark join us for the first time. I didn't get the impression that anyone at the restaurant was upset by all the OCers, though I'm pretty oblivious to those things unless a security guard starts hassling me. We did notice one of Newport News' finest show up about halfway through, and we all enjoyed watching the beads of sweat break out on Danbus' forehead. And I think I saw Renegade give his wife the keys to the car!:lol:

Bubba Ron

imported post

Yea, it seemed a good time was had by all. We enjoyed meeting the new folks and putting namesto OCDO handles. We hope you all continue to join us....

C

ccloud43

imported post

Great time last night, even though I had to wait so long to eat, and i was starvin like marvin:cry:. Had some pizza this morning for breakfast, good stuff. Great turnout again. I think we got the NOVA people beat on dinners. Cant wait for the VCDL meeting. Again it was nice to mee all the new people that showed up. See Y'all at the next one.

AbNO richmond group is having a dinner on Tues.

AbNo

imported post

Mmm, fair enough. But Williamsburg is kind of in the middle, and I know a large number of people down there. That's why I brought it up. :D

Plus, I know my way around VABCH/Chesapeake/Norfolk.

bayboy42

imported post

Great to finally make it back last night!!

Dutch - there was an older couple at the table at about your 8 o'clock position along the walland I'm 97% sure the guy at the table was pretty ticked off. After he finished his appetizer, he went outside and got on the phone and when he sat back down, he kept looking out the window and then back at our three tables. I didn't say anything to anyone at the time cause I felt like 18 sets of eyes on him may have put him over the edge :what: Who knows, maybe he was just unhappy with his food.

Bubba - sure wish I had the other half of my sub for lunch today.:lol:

See yall maybe on the 22nd but definitely the 28th!!

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Bayboy, I'm sorry to hear some guy had his knickers in a twist, but at least he didn't get snippy about it.

If I saw 18 people wearing "I Love Illegal Aliens" buttons, I'd get heartburn too, but I'd be civil enough not to make a public issue of it.

bayboy42

imported post

I could care less what the guy thougt or that he was ticked:D

I was just adding an FYI to your comment of "I didn't get the impression that anyone at the restaurant was upset by all the OCers, though I'm pretty oblivious to those things unless a security guard starts hassling me".

Bubba Ron

imported post

GLOCK.45Guy wrote:
That went alot better thanIthought it was going to go. My wife and I both had areally good time.

Thanks for having us and see you next time!!!!!
We're glad you could make it....sorry we didn't get the opportunity to chat with you, there's always next time :), and we're a group that doesn'tneed much of a push to get us all out to dinner again. As Dutch said, last night was our one year anniversary - and last month we had three dining outs, all were a great time :exclaim:. Welcome to Open Carry Dining Out :cool:- Tidewater style....