• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Adopt an anti-gun person;

dng

State Researcher
imported post

This is an interesting story I ran across a little while ago. I might actually watch this show to see what it's all about. If it's just another gun bashing show (which is what this sounds like to me), then I'll pass, but it would be interesting to see what Lalli's option of guns is after her stay with "family of firearms fanatics" :banghead: At least she is willing to hear the other side of the story. It started me thinking; it would be wise to invite anti-gun people to go shooting with you, or other events that would educate them. I think much of the fear and hate people have for guns is because they are not educated about them.

http://thetrack.bostonherald.com/moreTrack/view.bg?articleid=1014374

Lalli will serve ’30 days’
[/b]By Gayle Fee and Laura Raposa/ Inside Track
Tuesday, July 31, 2007 - Updated: 03:32 AM EST

So what happens when a pro-gun control gal from Massachusetts is sent to hunker down with a family of firearms fanatics in Ohio for 30 Days?

“I have no idea what to expect,” said Brockton dance instructor Pia Lalli, who signed up for a stint on “30 Days,” Morgan Spurlock’s FX series. “My mother said, ‘Oh, those poor people. After a month with you, they’ll run screaming from their own house!’ ”

Lalli, 39, told the Track she became passionate about gun control after a friend, a San Diego therapist, was killed by a patient in her office a decade ago.

“I think guns should be completely outlawed and the Second Amendment should be changed,” sniped Pia, who was targeted by the “30 Days” producers after answering an ad on craigslist.org. “The only people who should carry guns are soldiers and police officers. And that’s it.”

She should be pretty welcome in all the Midwest rod ’n’ gun clubs, don’t cha think????

“Actually, I think I was chosen because of my personal story but also because I said I didn’t mind learning how to use a gun, take target practice or go to NRA meetings,” said the anti-gun violence Brady Campaign supporter. “I’m not closed off to hearing the other point of view. I just don’t have to agree with it!”

Before Lalli sets off for the pistol-packin’ red state, a “30 Days” crew will be in town this weekend to shoot some footage of Pia teaching her “Hip Hop Fun Shop” class at the Weymouth Club (she also works at Boston’s SportsClub/LA) and other day in the life scenes.

Cue-Ball

imported post

I've watched most of the other episodes of 30 days, and they are pretty decent. Quite often, the people completely change their views. I'll definitely set the Tivo up to record this, but it doesn't seem to be showing any time in the next two weeks.

dng

State Researcher
imported post

Probably are filming for fall episodes... That's my guess.

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

This sounds like it would interesting to see. Although a lot of these shows can be quite biased as to what they tape, and what they actually air.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

dngreer wrote:
Lalli will serve ’30 days’
[/b]By Gayle Fee and Laura Raposa/ Inside Track
Tuesday, July 31, 2007 - Updated: 03:32 AM EST

So what happens when a pro-gun control gal from Massachusetts is sent to hunker down with a family of firearms fanatics in Ohio for 30 Days?

“I have no idea what to expect,” said Brockton dance instructor Pia Lalli, who signed up for a stint on “30 Days,” Morgan Spurlock’s FX series.

This is a good way to get some bilateral communication flowing.

Communication is the key. Teaching and communicating details and knowledge about guns to people who don't know anything about themis a good thing for pro-gun/rights advos. Teaching and communicating the specific intellectual and emotional points of concern about the anti-gun position to pro-gun/rights advos is a good thing for antis.

Who would ever possibly be against that? :quirky