• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Crime at Ohio State?

dng

State Researcher
imported post

It all goes back to being responsible for your own safety. But with no gun policies like our universities have, how exactly are people to do that? Instead of creating "gun safe" zones, they have created "unarmed victim" zones, or"rob, rape, and murder at will" zones. I wish there was a way to show people the error of their anti-gun thinking.

http://www.10tv.com/?sec=news&story=sites/10tv/content/pool/200707/910863415.html

Campus Crime Alert Issued After Attempted Kidnapping
Jul 30 2007 4:19PM

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- For the second time in three days, The Ohio State University Police Department has issued a Crime Alert for the campus area.

A woman told police a man tried to kidnap her on Sunday near Neil Avenue and West 10th Avenue, 10TV News reported.

The woman managed to escape unharmed, police said.

The alert was issued days after a man told police a woman with a gun demanded money from him near an apartment on Kinnear Road.

The man refused to give the woman money, and she fled the scene on foot, according to a university release.

Legba

imported post

Rap at will zone? That is truly frightening. Am arming up now...

-ljp

dng

State Researcher
imported post

Legba wrote:
Rap at will zone? That is truly frightening. Am arming up now...

-ljp
:lol:Meant Rape. Good catch and I will change it. Hmm, "rap at will"; that is almost more scary.

dng

State Researcher
imported post

We need a goodnotice for all these "gun free zones." Something catchy thatthey'll noticeso they know where they can commit their crimes without being shot. After all, it's not their faults that they are criminals. Something like:

1. We are an equal opportunity establishment.

2. Please do not fight over victims, there are enough to go around.

3. Remember, victims are an endangered species, please rob responsibly.

Thank you,

[suB][suP]the management[/suP][/suB]

Crime happens because people are poor right? So after they rob a few people and get some money for that month, everyone will be safe, right?