• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Out of State, State Park.

Moxy

imported post

Hello everyone... I'm heading up to Mississinewa Lake for some camping, hiking, fishing, etc. in about a month. I'm a Kentucky resident and Concealed Carry Licensee. In reading Indiana threads I saw that there is an exemption for those that don't have a Unlimited Handgun License in the state of Indiana if you have license to carry in your own state. I know there is receprocity between Kentucky and Indiana for concealed carry but I wanted to know if this would apply to my open carry in an Indiana state park or if since Kentucky is a license free open carry state, or if My concealed carry permit would apply in the case of the state park. The info i'm looking at was from the HandgunRulsesPublic.pdf found here http://www.in.gov/dnr/fishwild/about/HandgunRulesPublic.pdf which says that exemptions are applicable to individuals that are refrenced in IC 35-47-2-21 (b) - which states

C 35-47-2-21
Recognition of retail dealers' licenses and licenses to carry handguns issued by other states
Sec. 21. (a) Retail dealers' licenses issued by other states or foreign countries will not be recognized in Indiana except for sales at wholesale.
(b) Licenses to carry handguns, issued by other states or foreign countries, will be recognized according to the terms thereof but only while the holders are not residents of Indiana.
As added by P.L.311-1983, SEC.32.

Thanks for all your help!

Moxy

P.S. - My father works in Indiana but does not live there and he said he'd be interested to know this as well. - Any Ideas at all?