• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Brazen shoplifting from Richmond area gun show

C

ccloud43

imported post

Maybe we should sue Bloomberg for not keeping his criminals in New York.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

rlh2005 wrote:
Search for suspect in gun theft in Hanover

Man steals a handgun from Green Top and flees store in a waiting vehicle with New York plates.

OK, where was Bloomberg yesterday?

Well...he was armed. Nobody had a Gun to take him down???

That just turned out to be an Armed Robbery.

On the Pic it looks to me that they have quite alot of Guns so somebody could have shot him, right???

psmartin

imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
rlh2005 wrote:
Search for suspect in gun theft in Hanover

Man steals a handgun from Green Top and flees store in a waiting vehicle with New York plates.

OK, where was Bloomberg yesterday?

Well...he was armed. Nobody had a Gun to take him down???

That just turned out to be an Armed Robbery.

On the Pic it looks to me that they have quite alot of Guns so somebody could have shot him, right???

No, he was looking ata gun, and zipped out the door with it..

I was there10 minutes before the incident looking at an AR15..

You're not allowed to shoot people who are shoplifting, although "shoplifting a gun" does present it's own challenge.

Maybe Greentop needs to sue NYC?

UTOC-45-44

imported post

I would not know if he had a clip hidding in his pants waiting to chamber a round, since I believe he asked for a SPECIFIC gun (my opinion). He is waiving a gun, my gun would have been pointing at him REAL fast. I would have told the LOE's that I felt that my life was in IMMINENT DANGER and I felt that EVERYBODY elses around me too

sitedzn

imported post

i was in there this morning just before lunch. they were extremely empty compared to what i'm used to seeing there.

oh, BTW, if you reload, be ready for some sticker shock. i just got primers and they were $29.99/1000 - were $21.99 last time i got them:cuss:

LEO 229

imported post

The theft of any gun no matter what the value is a felony! It has been a while since I have read about a gun being taken during a gun show.

§ 18.2-95. Grand larceny defined; how punished.

Any person who (i) commits larceny from the person of another of money or other thing of value of $5 or more, (ii) commits simple larceny not from the person of another of goods and chattels of the value of $200 or more, or (iii) commits simple larceny not from the person of another of any firearm, regardless of the firearm's value, shall be guilty of grand larceny, punishable by imprisonment in a state correctional facility for not less than one nor more than twenty years or, in the discretion of the jury or court trying the case without a jury, be confined in jail for a period not exceeding twelve months or fined not more than $2,500, either or both.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Actually, having read this thread thoroughly, I wonder if that isn't a typo and the topic really is "Brazen shoplifting from Richmond area gun shop"

LEO 229

imported post

Tess wrote:
Actually, having read this thread thoroughly, I wonder if that isn't a typo and the topic really is "Brazen shoplifting from Richmond area gun shop"

Your right.... The article says "sporting goods store"

This is not from a gun show with several vendors.

rlh2005

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Tess wrote:

Yes, it should be "...gun shop." I blame my keyboard. :)

I also forget that not everyone knows what Green Top is.

taurusfan

imported post

Your favorite "troll" was there yesterday they were still letting me handle the guns.

I'll have to ask my buddy there what was taken.