Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: I got to play with a Serpa Holster today...

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
    Posts
    3,806

    Post imported post

    So, I was looking at a nice RI Tactical 1911, and the guy at the CoOp was telling me about Serpas (which they have for sale), and I'd mentioned that one of my holdups on it was the fact they didn't have any lefty holsters. Yeah, I know I'm difficult like that....

    Anyway, he pulls one off the shelf, and pops the RI1911 into it, with a rather secure sounding *click*. Shows me how to work it, gives me a couple of pointers, and later lifts up his shirt to show that he's wearing one at the time.

    So, I asked him to put one on order for me, to be picked up on JJBAG day.

    You know, I was supposed to tighten my fan belt in my Jeep, drain the clutch flui, refill & bleed it, and do some other stuff, but I still feel this was much more productive this way...
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Mag-bayonettes!, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,407

    Post imported post

    Shhh! Don't tell Mjolnir!

    Glad you got a Serpa... was this a CQC or Level II?
    -Unrequited

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Montgomery Village, Maryland, USA
    Posts
    38

    Post imported post

    I am completely sold on this holster.. mine arrived in UPS at about 10:30 this morning for my G22 .. based on having watched a demonstration last Saturday for unrequited. Did some adjustments to it and this is exactly what I'm looking for. It doesn't do a bad job under clothes for a CC holster and definitely fits the jobwith a decent level of retention for OC holster



  4. #4
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    1,441

    Post imported post

    I was surprised I could like a plastic holster too.
    Glad you like it!
    I'll have a Kool-Aid to help you celebrate!


  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Mag-bayonettes!, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,407

    Post imported post

    Now all you gotta do is slowly sell yourself to Blackhawk and buy their mag carriers which also clip in (combined with the holster you already have) to their shoulder harness. (yikes, they just raised the price to $50 from $30 earlier this year). Perfect under a dress coat, or for when it gets cold out and you need access under your heavier coats, and lifting up isn't an option for iwb/owb.

    shoulder harness:
    http://www.blackhawk.com/product1.asp?P=41SH&C=C1383

    mag holsters (come with belt attachment, slides right onto the shoulder harness):
    http://www.blackhawk.com/product1.as...06-MAG&C=C1385
    -Unrequited

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
    Posts
    3,806

    Post imported post

    unrequited wrote:
    Shhh! Don't tell Mjolnir!

    Glad you got a Serpa... was this a CQC or Level II?
    Hell........... I don't remmber. (sorry, just got back form the bar)
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Auburn, Alabama, USA
    Posts
    797

    Post imported post

    Mjolnir certainly dislikes Blackhawk! SERPA!

    I really like mine. I can imagine it wouldn't work too great in the sandbox; maybe stuff would get stuck in the release lever and such. For 'mere civilians' carrying in normal environments I don't think it has any problems.

    I've been thinking of getting the shoulder harness, but I'm not entirely comfortable with the idea of sweeping everybody behind me.....

    The mag holders have the perfect amount of retention though, it's almost magic.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Morgan, Utah, USA
    Posts
    2,580

    Post imported post

    unrequited wrote:
    Now all you gotta do is slowly sell yourself to Blackhawk and buy their mag carriers which also clip in (combined with the holster you already have) to their shoulder harness. (yikes, they just raised the price to $50 from $30 earlier this year). Perfect under a dress coat, or for when it gets cold out and you need access under your heavier coats, and lifting up isn't an option for iwb/owb.

    shoulder harness:
    http://www.blackhawk.com/product1.as...SH&C=C1383

    mag holsters (come with belt attachment, slides right onto the shoulder harness):
    http://www.blackhawk.com/product1.as...AG&C=C1385
    I like the Carriers alot but which they could angle differently.

    Getting the Shoulder Harness soon too

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Federal Way, Washington, USA
    Posts
    63

    Post imported post

    For concealment under anything other than a coat it is horrible IMHO. For open carry though, not only is it very comfortable, lightweight and durable, but it is secure.

    Great OC holster, but not so much for concealment. Just about any pancake holster will do a MUCH better job.

    Regardless, having one in your Box 'o holsters is a definite plus.

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Morgan, Utah, USA
    Posts
    2,580

    Post imported post

    wqbang wrote:
    For concealment under anything other than a coat it is horrible IMHO. For open carry though, not only is it very comfortable, lightweight and durable, but it is secure.

    Great OC holster, but not so much for concealment. Just about any pancake holster will do a MUCH better job.

    Regardless, having one in your Box 'o holsters is a definite plus.
    I will send you a PM wqbang

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Auburn, Alabama, USA
    Posts
    797

    Post imported post

    Can the holster be turned with a downward slant on the shoulder holster? Especially for OCing then it would really freak people out if it was constantly pointing at them.

    I suppose it would help prevent people from getting real close behind you in the supermarket checkout line

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Mag-bayonettes!, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,407

    Post imported post

    kurtmax_0 wrote:
    Can the holster be turned with a downward slant on the shoulder holster? Especially for OCing then it would really freak people out if it was constantly pointing at them.

    I suppose it would help prevent people from getting real close behind you in the supermarket checkout line
    Yup.
    -Unrequited

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
    Posts
    3,806

    Post imported post

    Stolen picture of the back of one...

    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Mag-bayonettes!, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,407

    Post imported post

    Pa. Patriot wrote:
    I was surprised I could like a plastic holster too.
    Glad you like it!*
    I'll have a Kool-Aid to help you celebrate!*
    Hah, almost forgot about that...
    -Unrequited

  15. #15
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    , , USA
    Posts
    469

    Post imported post

    unrequited wrote:
    Shhh! Don't tell Mjolnir!
    :shock::shock:

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Mag-bayonettes!, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,407

    Post imported post

    Mjolnir wrote:
    unrequited wrote:
    Shhh! Don't tell Mjolnir!
    :shock::shock:
    Oh nos, he's back. Break out the Kool-aid! Don't read this thread:
    http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_to...68&forum_id=55
    -Unrequited

  17. #17
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    , , USA
    Posts
    469

    Post imported post



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •