• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I got to play with a Serpa Holster today...

AbNo

imported post

So, I was looking at a nice RI Tactical 1911, and the guy at the CoOp was telling me about Serpas (which they have for sale), and I'd mentioned that one of my holdups on it was the fact they didn't have any lefty holsters. Yeah, I know I'm difficult like that....

Anyway, he pulls one off the shelf, and pops the RI1911 into it, with a rather secure sounding *click*. Shows me how to work it, gives me a couple of pointers, and later lifts up his shirt to show that he's wearing one at the time.

So, I asked him to put one on order for me, to be picked up on JJBAG day.

You know, I was supposed to tighten my fan belt in my Jeep, drain the clutch flui, refill & bleed it, and do some other stuff, but I still feel this was much more productive this way...

ilikeglocks

imported post

I am completely sold on this holster.. mine arrived in UPS at about 10:30 this morning for my G22 .. based on having watched a demonstration last Saturday for unrequited. Did some adjustments to it and this is exactly what I'm looking for. It doesn't do a bad job under clothes for a CC holster and definitely fits the jobwith a decent level of retention for OC holster

unrequited

imported post

Now all you gotta do is slowly sell yourself to Blackhawk and buy their mag carriers which also clip in (combined with the holster you already have) to their shoulder harness. (yikes, they just raised the price to $50 from $30 earlier this year). Perfect under a dress coat, or for when it gets cold out and you need access under your heavier coats, and lifting up isn't an option for iwb/owb.

shoulder harness:
http://www.blackhawk.com/product1.asp?P=41SH&C=C1383

mag holsters (come with belt attachment, slides right onto the shoulder harness):
http://www.blackhawk.com/product1.asp?P=4106-MAG&C=C1385

kurtmax_0

imported post

Mjolnir certainly dislikes Blackhawk! SERPA!

I really like mine. I can imagine it wouldn't work too great in the sandbox; maybe stuff would get stuck in the release lever and such. For 'mere civilians' carrying in normal environments I don't think it has any problems.

I've been thinking of getting the shoulder harness, but I'm not entirely comfortable with the idea of sweeping everybody behind me.....

The mag holders have the perfect amount of retention though, it's almost magic.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

unrequited wrote:
Now all you gotta do is slowly sell yourself to Blackhawk and buy their mag carriers which also clip in (combined with the holster you already have) to their shoulder harness. (yikes, they just raised the price to $50 from $30 earlier this year). Perfect under a dress coat, or for when it gets cold out and you need access under your heavier coats, and lifting up isn't an option for iwb/owb.

shoulder harness:
http://www.blackhawk.com/product1.asp?P=41SH&C=C1383

mag holsters (come with belt attachment, slides right onto the shoulder harness):
http://www.blackhawk.com/product1.asp?P=4106-MAG&C=C1385

I like the Carriers alot but which they could angle differently.

Getting the Shoulder Harness soon too

wqbang

imported post

For concealment under anything other than a coat it is horrible IMHO. For open carry though, not only is it very comfortable, lightweight and durable, but it is secure.

Great OC holster, but not so much for concealment. Just about any pancake holster will do a MUCH better job.

Regardless, having one in your Box 'o holsters is a definite plus.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

wqbang wrote:
For concealment under anything other than a coat it is horrible IMHO. For open carry though, not only is it very comfortable, lightweight and durable, but it is secure.

Great OC holster, but not so much for concealment. Just about any pancake holster will do a MUCH better job.

Regardless, having one in your Box 'o holsters is a definite plus.
I will send you a PM wqbang

kurtmax_0

imported post

Can the holster be turned with a downward slant on the shoulder holster? Especially for OCing then it would really freak people out if it was constantly pointing at them.

I suppose it would help prevent people from getting real close behind you in the supermarket checkout line :D

unrequited

imported post

kurtmax_0 wrote:
Can the holster be turned with a downward slant on the shoulder holster? Especially for OCing then it would really freak people out if it was constantly pointing at them.

I suppose it would help prevent people from getting real close behind you in the supermarket checkout line :D
Yup.

AbNo

imported post

Stolen picture of the back of one...

holster1hb3.jpg