• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

PennCDL.org

Skuggi

imported post

http://penncdl.org

Ok, I'm going to open this up to the public now. A while back I was talking with PA Patriot, and a few other guys from PAFOA. and PA Patriot said the key words "We need something like the VCDL." Not being one to stand idle on a good concept I got to work. I posted on our forums now that everything is up and secure a statement. and I think it sums it up fairly well. Also on August 19th in the Online Chat I'm going to start holding online meetings so I make sure everyones on the same page and such and can hear what we need to do. It's not full blown yet, but with the help of everyone out there who gives a damn about there rights we can start to promote change as well as defend our Rights! :)

Here's the paragraph from my forums.
Some people may say "Why does Pennsylvania need another gun rights group?" The reasons why I created the Pennsylvania Citizens Defense Group are as follows: First I believe membership into any organization such as this should be free and while there are others out there which do not cost money, none of them fit my niche. I am an IT guy, I believe in the open source of information. I also believe in the Constitution of the United States. I am very staunch on it, I do not believe anyone should be screwing with it. I believe that all the rights in the constitution are irrevocable by any means for a legal citizen of this country. As well I believe in the Constitution of this great state. I found that many people have shied away from certain groups due to the arrogance of people in head positions and supposed corruption. I am here to help the people of this state stand up for what is right. I believe everyone is entitled to their opinion and will not "bash" them on a subject. I will present facts and hard evidence to support my case, but I will never go to bottom, so to speak and belittle someone just to "Prove I am superior." I also believe that we should help to bolster those in politics who promote what is right and have a strong sense of justice. I am not a huge fan of politics as I believe that we are the ones in power and should not fear our government. But it is a necessity that we must deal with, but our founding fathers laid out our government so that politicians should be our voice, and not someone who we elect to office to push an agenda of what they feel is best for all of us. Finally, we are not just about "Gun Rights" albeit that is our primary focus, but we should stand behind and support anyone who's constitutional rights are being violated as I find that to be the right thing to do.
I was gonna re-post 2 posts about S.B. 1042 and 1043 about the introduced restriction of 1 Handgun Per Month that are going to our Judiciary Commitee but I figured now was the time. The sites up and running and to the few of those who had already registered, your gonna need to re-register on the forums.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Congratulations!

I just today checked Pennsylvania, as I started with a group of alumnae from Carnegie-Mellon, in Pittsburgh, to plan a reunion. (Most of us haven't been back much in the past 30 years!)

I'll be supporting your site. Let me know if there's anything I can do to support your group. If money becomes something; I've donated to TX CDL, no reason I can't donate to Pennsylvania as well.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I'm going to have to check into the fundraising organs of all these Citizen's Defense Leagues. So far I've not received one penny. :)

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Skuggi wrote:
http://penncdl.org

Ok, I'm going to open this up to the public now. A while back I was talking with PA Patriot, and a few other guys from PAFOA. and PA Patriot said the key words "We need something like the VCDL."
Yep. VCDL is the model for a state-based gun owner/rights advocacy org. I think VCDL is the best state-level political advocate for RKBA issues in the country. Very successful.

Also, BuckeyeFirearms Association is doing somevery nice things.

Best of luckto you. You're doing a great thing.

Skuggi

imported post

Working on that, Trying to find out the best and cheapest route to go, I cant believe how much money the state makes out when you incorporate a buisness. I am also checking into the campaign finance laws and such. On top of that every day I get PDF's of what's going on in our house and senate that I read just to make sure nothing is sneaking in. Right now I'm actually looking to see if LegalZoom is actually worth it, it is the cheapest, but I'm trying to find people that have used them, also just sent out an e-mail to their head asking if basically they know what they are doing in the event of incorporating for this purpose.

Right now the best thing anyone can do is just sign up, I will post an announcement as soon as I find out about something, with appropriate contact people.

I also have a retired full time lobiest who has been helping me out by freely answering any questions I have but some of the laws have changed since then. I am also in the process or making some contacts.

I do have a donations page up, but I am not and will never push for donations.

exceltoexcel wrote:
have you incorporated yet?

dng

State Researcher
imported post

I hate to sound like I am criticizing, because your website is really nice, and it is worlds beyond what I can do, but I was just wondering why the font size is so large on some of the pages? I have to scroll back and forth to be able to read a line. Just curious, and trying to offer some feedback, hopefully you don't take any offense.

Skuggi

imported post

It's quite ok to criticize my work, nobodies perfect. :)

But yea it's purposefully that large as well as only 800px wide for 2 reason

First is, the older community out there, who know just how to point and click, they sometimes have issues reading. The second reason is if your one of those same people and have a new dell computer for example with a high resolution monitor. It makes that text appear very small. So I figured bigger would be better even though it makes the page rather long. I may encorporate an "Enlarge Text" button as that seems to be a new fad in webdevelopment but not sure yet.

Second the 800px, this is once again a backwards compatibility for people with visual disabilities and older equipment. The most common thing for them to do or have someone do is to set their resolution from 1024x768 to 800x600.

I come from an old school teaching of web development admitedly so when I was taught (Only had a few classes as I'm a Network Guy) they were still heavy on ethics and presentation of the website as to now where I see a lot of people going big and flashy in classes.

But if people like yourself start seeing it as a problem, well, i can easily code fixes :)

dngreer wrote:
I hate to sound like I am criticizing, because your website is really nice, and it is worlds beyond what I can do, but I was just wondering why the font size is so large on some of the pages? I have to scroll back and forth to be able to read a line. Just curious, and trying to offer some feedback, hopefully you don't take any offense.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

May I recommend you get a PO Box or something as an alternate method of contact?

I don't use paypal.

Skuggi

imported post

Just an update, wont be able to go down and get a PO Box today, just not going to have time. I'll hopefully get down there tomorrow.

Also lancaster is proposing to increase the penalty on Discharging a Firearm within the city. I just fired out e-mails to their council members who sit on the public safety board to request a copy, and to inquire about wording to prevent anything being done to a person acting in self defense. Doing that took the little extra chunk of time (30mins inbetween jobs) I had to run down today.

Skuggi

imported post

Ok, finally got all that in order.

Got the Checking Account and a P.O. Box setup.

So for anyone wanting info for sending a check.

http://penncdl.org/donate.php

It's crazy how much stuff ya need to open up a simple checking account anymore. lol. Heck, even needed my drivers licence number to get the PO Box.