• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VA to MI.... mid trip check in...

JustACitizen

imported post

Just dropping in for a quick question for all you guys, we are mid drive from VA to MI, in PA right now, just finished unpacking the new Taurus .357 in breezewood after leaving the WONDERFULLY GUN FRIENDLY state of Maryland. Since I'm not driving, I figured I would freshen up on the other states carry laws... however, packing.org seems to be down, so, real quick, carrying in the car, I have a VA CHP, are PA or OH must inform states? Thanks guys.... see you in a few miles!!

unrequited

JustACitizen

imported post

Thanks for the info! I have all the time in the world, but unfortunately, my Sprint Broadband card loses signal quite a bit. I just dont understand why there isnt full coverage in the middle of no where. LOL. So far, an uneventful drive. If anything, its a beautiful night for a drive.

dng

State Researcher
imported post

unrequited wrote:
Pennsylvania is not, Ohio IS according to packing.org cache... don't have time to look up the specific codes for you but sounds like you don't have the time either. Hope this helps at least, and safe driving.

pennsylvania:
http://72.14.209.104/search?q=cache:http://www.packing.org/state/pennsylvania/

ohio:
http://72.14.209.104/search?q=cache:http://www.packing.org/state/ohio/
Here you go: Right from the "horse's mouth" or whatever that expression is! :D

2923.126 Duties of licensed individual.

If a licensee is the driver or an occupant of a motor vehicle that is stopped as the result of a traffic stop or a stop for another law enforcement purpose and if the licensee is transporting or has a loaded handgun in the motor vehicle at that time, the licensee shall promptly inform any law enforcement officer who approaches the vehicle while stopped that the licensee has been issued a license or temporary emergency license to carry a concealed handgun and that the licensee currently possesses or has a loaded handgun; the licensee shall not knowingly disregard or fail to comply with lawful orders of a law enforcement officer given while the motor vehicle is stopped, knowingly fail to remain in the motor vehicle while stopped, or knowingly fail to keep the licensee’s hands in plain sight after any law enforcement officer begins approaching the licensee while stopped and before the officer leaves, unless directed otherwise by a law enforcement officer; and the licensee shall not knowingly remove, attempt to remove, grasp, or hold the loaded handgun or knowingly have contact with the loaded handgun by touching it with the licensee’s hands or fingers, in any manner in violation of division (E) of section 2923.16 of the Revised Code, after any law enforcement officer begins approaching the licensee while stopped and before the officer leaves. Additionally, if a licensee is the driver or an occupant of a commercial motor vehicle that is stopped by an employee of the motor carrier enforcement unit for the purposes defined in section 5503.04 of the Revised Code and if the licensee is transporting or has a loaded handgun in the commercial motor vehicle at that time, the licensee shall promptly inform the employee of the unit who approaches the vehicle while stopped that the licensee has been issued a license or temporary emergency license to carry a concealed handgun and that the licensee currently possesses or has a loaded handgun.

If a licensee is stopped for a law enforcement purpose and if the licensee is carrying a concealed handgun at the time the officer approaches, the licensee shall promptly inform any law enforcement officer who approaches the licensee while stopped that the licensee has been issued a license or temporary emergency license to carry a concealed handgun and that the licensee currently is carrying a concealed handgun; the licensee shall not knowingly disregard or fail to comply with lawful orders of a law enforcement officer given while the licensee is stopped or knowingly fail to keep the licensee’s hands in plain sight after any law enforcement officer begins approaching the licensee while stopped and before the officer leaves, unless directed otherwise by a law enforcement officer; and the licensee shall not knowingly remove, attempt to remove, grasp, or hold the loaded handgun or knowingly have contact with the loaded handgun by touching it with the licensee’s hands or fingers, in any manner in violation of division (B) of section 2923.12 of the Revised Code, after any law enforcement officer begins approaching the licensee while stopped and before the officer leaves.

In short, unrequited is right on. Ohio is a must inform state.