• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

huge black eye for Regal

mzbk2l

imported post

From where does the authority to do this come? If it is a crime then the evidence is destroyed. Kind'a like cops ripping film from a camera.

I would think the authority comes from what LEO wrote above. She is SUSPECTED of making a recording of the movie. Since she can't be made to incriminate herself, there is no proof of that.

Was there a memory card in the camera? Was there a battery in the camera? Had she pushed the "record" button? If you can't make her incriminate herself by showing what's on her camera, just tell her she's causing trouble and she needs to get lost.

Doug Huffman

Banned
Washington Island, across Death's Door, Wisconsin,
imported post

mzbk2l wrote:
I would think the authority comes from what LEO wrote above.

Does 'arrogate' mean anything to anyone?

If the LEO can't reasonably articulate a point of law then it seems to me that he is violating some sort of discretion. Like whether or not to enforce immigration law, is there discretion?

I wonder just how a typical policeman's commission is worded that he may enforce laws that he doesn't understand?

Either we are equal or we are not. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA KMA$$