• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ccw permit

vic2367

imported post

couple of question here,,got a new pistol about a week ago,,,did the background check thing,,,its been a little over 3 weeks now that ive applied for a ccw permit,,,would there be a reason for the state NOT too issue me a permit ? i have a VERY cean record by the way,,is the 45 day limit 7 day week or 5 day week ?

dng

State Researcher
imported post

It is 45 business days. And to answer the other question, if the government was a person, he'd miss his own funeral. In other words, they will drag their feet and take all the time in the world. (in most cases) After 45 days though, I believe that have to issue you a temporary permit, even if the background check is still not complete.Maybe this link will help.

http://www.pafoa.org/concealed-carry/

dng

State Researcher
imported post

khmer_gentleman wrote:
mine took less than a week, and my friend who just recently got his took about a week

Who do you know? You must have connections... I'll bet you're part of big oil, aren't you? :D

Edit: Sarcasm :idea:

imperialism2024

imported post

dngreer wrote:
khmer_gentleman wrote:
mine took less than a week, and my friend who just recently got his took about a week
Who do you know? You must have connections... I'll bet you're part of big oil, aren't you? :D

Here in Lehigh county, the majority of people I know who have applied for CCW permits have gotten them within a week or so.

vic2367

imported post

yeah,,im also in lehigh county...its now been a little over 3 weeks,,,patiently waiting,,,im also a new gun owner ,,,

dng

State Researcher
imported post

vic2367 wrote:
thanks for that great link dngreer,,
Anytime! :DI trust you're OCing while you're waiting for your permit, right? Just kidding, but it would be great if you were. Welcome to OC!

dng

State Researcher
imported post

vic2367 wrote:
noooo,,leave the pistol at home for now,,
No worries, we'll have you converted to the dark side before long! :cool:I need a Darth Vader smiley... I need to talk to Mike the super mod to see about Vader being our next addition. After all, we are "the bad boys" of gun carrying, right?

vic2367

imported post

if i was allowed to purchase my first handgun without any problems ,would there be any reason for the state to not issue me a ccw permit though ?

dng

State Researcher
imported post

vic2367 wrote:
if i was allowed to purchase my first handgun without any problems ,would there be any reason for the state to not issue me a ccw permit though ?
Not that I know of. Are you old? Maybe your background check was too long, or Noah's flood ruined your birth certificate, who knows? Have you called to check on what's going on?

dng

State Researcher
imported post

vic2367 wrote:
maybe i should call the sheriffs office..
What can it hurt? Hopefully it works out okay for you. Remember, you could be OCing for free, and without waiting... Just a thought. Ok, I'm done with my OC infomercial.