• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Newbie Help

gregma

imported post

freakgus wrote:
What is the process for getting a CWP?
You either apply at your local city police department, or your local county sheriff office. Fill out the application, pay your money, get fingerprinted, and wait.

freakgus

imported post

Thank you guys so much, you guys really helped out and made me feel welcome to the area. Hope to see you guys around.

elementalunacy

imported post

I wrote the Washington State Liquor Control Board on this matter and here's what I got back:

Good afternoon Mr. Bysegger,
I have reviewed your question and there are no current laws preventing you or anyone lawfully licensed to carry a concealed firearm from entering a Washington state liquor store with a concealed firearm. As you cited, the law is specific as to those locations “Off limits to persons under 21 years of age”. Our liquor stores are NOT restrictive and do allow persons under 21 years of age. You may carry a concealed firearm into a liquor store.
If I can able of further assistance please feel free to contact me.

Marc R. Edmonds, Lieutenant
Washington State Liquor Control Board
12501-N.E. 99th Street, Suite A-100
Vancouver,WA 98662-2416
360-260-3798

..............................i'm a new user and happy to be here

[size=][/size]

just_a_car

imported post

Glad to have you aboard. Fortunately, we resolved the issue and found the same exact answer quite a while back. As Gregma mentioned, he started a new thread that we continued the discussion on.

Looks like you're certainly starting off right here. ;)

Bear 45/70

imported post

T-RaV wrote:
thebastidge wrote:
"I'm in Lakewood/Tacoma area and ride my Harley everywhere."

Freakgus:

RCW 9.41.050

(2)(a) A person shall not carry or place a loaded pistol in any vehicle unless the person has a license to carry a concealed pistol and: (i) The pistol is on the licensee's person, (ii) the licensee is within the vehicle at all times that the pistol is there, or (iii) the licensee is away from the vehicle and the pistol is locked within the vehicle and concealed from view from outside the vehicle.

I would assume that "in any vehicle " includes "on any vehicle". If you don't have a CPL, then don't ride your scooter strapped. Yes, I know it's retarded.
Actually bastidge, in and on are two completely different things. Subsections (ii) and (iii) go as far as to emphasize "within the vehicle".

Unless the motorcycle has saddle bags, there wouldn't even be any place to put a firearm within anyplace on most bikes (some have compartments under the seats).

I could be wrong but if you read this to the letter, it seems fairly clear to me and I don't think it would be difficult to argue this in court.
In and on means the same thing when it come to long guns. Even leaning a loaded long gun against a vehicle will get you ticketed. So I wouldn't carry on a motorcycle unless you have a CPL unless you want to be a test case, but bring a big check book when you do.

Bear 45/70

imported post

elementalunacy wrote:
I wrote the Washington State Liquor Control Board on this matter and here's what I got back:

I have reviewed your question and there are no current laws preventing you or anyone lawfully licensed to carry a concealed firearm from entering a Washington state liquor store with a concealed firearm. As you cited, the law is specific as to those locations “Off limits to persons under 21 years of age”. Our liquor stores are NOT restrictive and do allow persons under 21 years of age. You may carry a concealed firearm into a liquor store.

Marc R. Edmonds, Lieutenant
Washington State Liquor Control Board
12501-N.E. 99th Street, Suite A-100
Vancouver,WA 98662-2416
360-260-3798

..............................i'm a new user and happy to be here

[size=]
Well he is partially right. The is no restriction on open carry in a liquor store under any law. So his concealed requirement is wrong.

John Hardin

imported post

Bear 45/70 wrote:
elementalunacy wrote:
Well he is partially right. The is no restriction on open carry in a liquor store under any law. So his concealed requirement is wrong.
Nothing there states or implies a requirement to conceal. It sounds like he either was asked explicitly about concealed carry, or assumed that the letter was asking about concealed carry.

Bear 45/70

imported post

John Hardin wrote:
Bear 45/70 wrote:
elementalunacy wrote:
Nothing there states or implies a requirement to conceal. It sounds like he either was asked explicitly about concealed carry, or assumed that the letter was asking about concealed carry.
What part of "You may carry a concealed firearm into a liquor store." says you can OC? If he was asked if "It is OK to OCa firearm in a package store?"or even if it was "Can you carry a firearm in the package store?" He still specifies concealed and does not include OC. hence he is only partially right.

Alwayspacking

Campaign Veteran
imported post

freakgus wrote:
I'm in Lakewood/Tacoma area and ride my Harley everywhere. Everywhere I've gone today I've gotten weird looks about my weapon.

I like Lakewood:)

I OC there walking down the street, on my bike,in stores, andI had no problems at all. Welcome to OCDO and WA