• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Any advice on this situation?

CX4storm

imported post

Im new to the forums, So I want to say hello to everyone. :)

I have read over the N.C. state law on carrying a rifle in your truck. It says that if you want to carry a rifle you have to have it open in the back seat of your truck. But my problem is I dont have a truck that has a back seat. So my question is, is there any way other than carrying the rifle in a gun rack? I thought I could carry it behind the seat of my pickup unloaded and a gun lock thru it. But I talked to a buddy and he said if I were pulled over they could consider that as a concealed weapon. Any other way I can carry it and not have to worry about getting in to any kind of trouble?

Thanks in advance,

CX4storm.

dubccat51

Opt-Out Members
imported post

If you put it in a gun case behind your seat and keep it unloaded you will be fine. If you are pulled over just tell the officer that you have a cased, unloaded rifle behind your seat. Iwas pulled over coming froma gun range by a US Forest Service Ranger and all he wanted to know ismyguns werecased. If you are really worried about it lock the case. Either way you will be finebecause the gun is no longer easy to access since you have to open the case to get it plus it will help protect your rifle from dirt and damage.

CX4storm

imported post

Thanks for the information dubccat51. :)

I didnt know for sure how to carry it with me. I just want to go and test out my skills down range. Haven't been shooting in some time now.

One more thing, Does anyone own a beretta CX4Storm? I was wanting to see how they handle. Im thinking about getting one in a .45ACP, but I want to know how good they are. How accurate are they, Are they reliable? ect. Also Could someone tell me if they know any good deals on one? Or a good carbine for around $500-$600 bucks?

Thank you again :D