Thread: Carrying on boats

Post imported post

Would a watercraft be classified as a vehicle and subject to the same rules and regulations for OC or CC?

I've not found any specific information in my research.

Founder's Club Member OC-Glock19's Avatar

Post imported post

If you're planning on boating in the Potomac River be aware that you will be under the jurisdiction of Maryland. I don't believe that either open or concealed carry is allowed. I don't know where to look for the pertinant laws. Help, anyone?

Post imported post

i know i some circumstances, some boats for tax purposes can be classified as a second home.. i believe you are required to live on the boat 14 days out of the year. I think your boat has to have a mattress, kitchen/stove, toilet and sink.

but as previously stated, the potomac is MD....so no OC or CC.

Post imported post

My question was more about pleasure boats (pontoons, runabouts, etc.) on a lake or river.

Thanks.

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

KodiakISGOOD wrote:
    i know i some circumstances, some boats for tax purposes can be classified as a second home.. i believe you are required to live on the boat 14 days out of the year. I think your boat has to have a mattress, kitchen/stove, toilet and sink.

but as previously stated, the potomac is MD....so no OC or CC.
    You are only required to "live" on the boat for 14+ days a year IF you rent it out for use by paying patrons. Your boat qualifies as a second home if it has a galley, sleeping quarters, and a head (as best as I can recall). My last boat had such items and was classed as a second home, so I was able to write the interest off just like my primary residence. And as such, you should be able to house and carry a firearm on board at your discretion, though I would still check with the proper autorities to make sure.

In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

Si vis pacem, para bellum.

America First!

Post imported post

... and then double check to make sure the authorities are correct. :quirky
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.