• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry in Sandpoint

Freakhouse

imported post

Well, I saw a Unicorn today! My wife and I were shopping ata discount warehouse in Sandpoint, and we saw a man and his wife, both open carrying, as well astheirsmall daughter (not carrying :) ). Anyway, we ended up talking, and turns out he is a fairly frequent poster here on OpenCarry.org. It's nice to know that I'm not the only one here in Sandpoint that is Open Carrying these days. Other than that brief encounter, nothing of note happened today, at least in the open carry department.

I did run into a fellow south of here while fishing off a dock at at small lake.... we struck up a conversation, and after about 30 seconds he got really quiet, and his eyes got really big, and he said... "What's that?! :shock:" I replied, "a 1911", and then he laughed, and was quite friendly after that. Ended up having a2 hour conversation or so. All in all, a good week.

Brenton

Sandpoint, ID

irish_ironsight

Formerly of Ireland, now Martinsburg, WV, West Vir
imported post

Hello there Freakhouse..

Let me introduce myself, Im from ireland but Im a regular visitor to North idaho, Bonners Ferry and Sandpoint as well as a few other places. I have seen a number of people OC in Idaho, and its a great sight to see. Keep it up, its a right you should exercise at every given opportunity.

LoveMyCountry

State Researcher
imported post

Hi Irish_Ironsight,

As the Unicorn that Freakhouse bumped into, let me welcome you to the community. Let us know when you are heading this way again. Maybe we can get together and go throw some lead down range. :D

LoveMyCountry

irish_ironsight

Formerly of Ireland, now Martinsburg, WV, West Vir
imported post

Well hello there Unicorn,

Always pleased with an opportunity to go shooting, Hopefully it will be May before I get another chance to go back, I spent the month of August there and for the third time I loved every second of it.

On my first visit, I bumped in a local cop and asked him about firearms law, and man was he nice....

he told me as far as he was concerned I was a LEo and could carry if I wanted, and I was only there on vacation.....

What a country ~ I LOVE IT

IdahoCorsair

State Researcher
imported post

Welcome Irish! I'm from southern Idaho, but good to have you in our state at times!

bourneshooter

imported post

More of the fighting Irish have arrived! Welcome Irish_Ironsight.

I'm from S. Idaho. However my grandpa immigrated here from Ireland. So I find that I have some of the Irish blood in me.

Freakhouse

imported post

Howdy! Let me welcome you to Idaho! Hope you enjoy yourself. Let me know if there is anything that I can do to help you feel more at home.

Brenton